Under the Assistant IT Director supervision, The Network Technician will provide infrastructure service support for the wired and wireless networks for Event Exhibitors, Show Management, and internal administrative users.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
● Works with the Assistant IT Director and Infrastructure Technicians in providing internet services and network support.
● Assists Infrastructure Technicians in maintaining network routers/switches, access points, software and Internet servers for the internal users and each Event to provide reliable Internet access to Exhibitors and Show Management.
● Provides hands on assistance and customer service to Show Management and Exhibitors before and during the Event.
● Employs quality assurance (QA) efforts to assure the highest level of customer satisfaction.
● Monitors existing Internet traffic and use; to proactively manage Internet services.
● Troubleshoots network and Internet issues as they arise.
● Documents and communicates problems to the Assistant IT Director and Infrastructure Technicians.
● Recommends improvements to the technical environment to provide improved customer service.
● Assists System Support Specialist in providing support when required.
● Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, one must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
● H.S. Diploma or equivalent required. Minimum two (2) years of work-related experience required. Working knowledge of Windows and Mac OS.
● Working knowledge of Cisco Enterprise Switches, Routers and Firewalls.
● Working knowledge of Wireless Systems.
● Minimum of two (2) year microcomputer hardware/software peripheral installation and maintenance.
● Extensive knowledge of TCP/IP preferred.
● CCENT or equivalent experience required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Strong customer service skills, including excellent communication skills required. Must be able to work flexible work hours commensurate with event schedules and event needs.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have working knowledge of Windows, Mac OS, Cisco Enterprise Switches, Routers, Firewalls and Wireless Systems
Event booking and scheduling software, spreadsheet software and word processing software and be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be required to work both indoors and outdoors as required by the function. Must have the physical ability to maneuver around PCC, at times, walking and/or standing up to 8-10 hours daily. The employee is regularly required to sit for long hours; using hand to handle files, type and operate offices machines; to talk and hear on the telephone. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision to handle contracts, other office correspondence, etc.
HOURS OF WORK AND TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS
Irregular hours and travel may be required.
NOTE: The essential responsibilities of this position are described under the headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Also, this document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
ASM Global is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.