Our client company, located in the Philadelphia area, is seeking a Mechanical Engineer / Process Engineer. The successful candidate will provide mechanical design engineering and process design engineering for industrial facilities and equipment.
The company’s focus is diverse but biased toward energy markets and heavy industrial industries. If you enjoy working in a team environment and have the ability to follow projects from concept to implementation, then this may be the opportunity for you! This company will provide a secure and stable work environment with career growth opportunity for those who desire a growth track.
The selected mechanical engineer / process engineer will be eligible for benefits the following month of employment. Medical, dental, vision, 401k, paid PTO, holidays, etc.
- Creating Process Flow Diagrams (PFD's) to assist piping designers.
- Reviewing and analyzing Piping and Instrumentation Diagrams (P&ID’s) for technical feasibility and good piping practice.
- Reviewing and analyzing piping designs and layouts prepared by designers.
- Assist piping designers by providing technical support for mechanical equipment and provide input regarding designs, hydraulic calculations and fluid mechanics.
- Developing piping and system standards and interfacing with the clients to determine requirements for design.
- Bachelors in Mechanical Engineering or Chemical Engineering.
- 3 + years related piping, process and/or mechanical engineering design experience.
- Familiar with hydraulic analysis, fluid mechanic’s and stress analysis applications.
- Experienced with pipeline design and construction for both steel and refinery applications.
- Experienced demonstrating proficiency with PC based applications such as MS Outlook, Word, Excel and Power Point.
- Ability to develop creative solutions to problems with above-average complexity.
- Must pass required DOT mandated drug test.
- Proficient using AutoCAD is a MUST and 3D molding experience is a plus
- Familiar with natural gas, refining and petroleum industries.
This is an opportunity to join a dynamic team of engineers who are successfully taking a business to a higher level of success.