At Greene, Tweed, you'll find the cutting-edge technology, world-class polymer expertise and endless advancement opportunities you'd expect from a multi-national industry leader. You'll find them all in an environment that embraces diversity in people and opinions, moves decision making to the point of impact, and celebrates your success.
If you enjoy continuous learning and are excited about working with and creating technological solutions, explore career opportunities with Greene, Tweed.
This position develops and enters into SAP manufacturing specifications, item master data, process routings, and tool accountability for all aspects of manufacturing facility. It also generates standard product quotes, and administers and maintains the Enterprise Resources Planning System (ERP) item master for related cost centers to support all Business Group revenues.
• Develops and maintains SAP Material Data, Routings and Bill of Materials for all products in manufacturing facility and corresponding sales areas. Standard products require 24 hours turnaround time.
• Assist with developing manufacturing routings with proper steps, sequences and equipment, with detailed manufacturing instruction to ensure products meet visual and dimensional product specifications. Must possess ability to read manufacturing prints and determine accurate manufacturing method including inspection and tolerances. Must keep up to date with all relevant manufacturing processes to ensure the most effective way to manufacture.
• Creates standard product cost quotes within 24 hours, as requested by sales, to support the sale of new products for related business units.
• Initiates all new Tooling Requests for Elastomer Products. Responsible for determining if new tooling is required for all new elastomer part numbers, utilizing mold substitution programs if available. Work with Value Steam Technicians to keep mold substitution guidelines accurate. Develops tool part numbers in SAP and tooling database and maintain status during tool approval process. Create and maintain tool storage system for elastomers to ensure easy retrieval and operator accessibility.
• Reviews Manufacturing Related Engineering Change Notices (ECN) and other change requests to assure accurate manufacturing data relating to SAP routing, BOM, Item Master data.
• Assists with special Methods projects involving manual or mass update modifications, intended to improve accuracy or efficiency, as needed to increase business revenues.
• Assists with communicates with Inside Sales, Planning, Quality, Value Stream members, and Process and Design Engineering Departments to understand priorities, maintain routing data integrity, thereby ensuring necessary access to information needed to manufacture products in the Value Streams.
Required Minimum Qualifications
Education/Certifications: HS Diploma required; Preference given to candidates with BS degree
Skills and Experience:
• Working knowledge of manufactured product (elastomer and non-elastomer) manufacturing specifications, manufacturing equipment, process flow routings, bill of materials for assemblies, and standard manufacturing rates & costs for standard products is required in this position.
• Working knowledge of SAP
• Proficient in with MS Office programs - Excel, Word, & Power Point
• Working knowledge on interpretation of manufacturing prints
Note: This Job Description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by the Supervisor. All requirements are subject to change and updates.
We offer a competitive benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short term and long term disability insurance, 401K savings plan, paid time-off, tuition assistance and more, to meet the diverse needs of all employees and their family members.
**EEO Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled**
Greene, Tweed, a Federal Contractor, is an equal opportunity employer of protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or their protected veteran status.
NOTE: Greene, Tweed is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for employment opportunities, unless they have a written agreement for the position they are contacting us about. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at GT without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of Greene, Tweed, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Greene, Tweed as a result of the referral or through other means.