Imagine...working for a company that knows that its people are the key to its success in the marketplace. A company in which achieving extraordinary results and having a stimulating work experience are part of the same process.
We cultivate and embrace a diverse employee population. We recognize that people with diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives fuel our growth and enrich our global culture.
We are looking for an individual who enjoys working in a fast-paced, team oriented environment, likes to be challenged, and values the opportunity to make a difference.
The Manager, Finance Compliance plays a critical role in supporting Campbell's SOX Compliance program within the Corporate Audit department and will report to the Senior Manager, Finance Compliance. This position will primary be managing the SOX compliance program that guides, monitors, and evaluates the operating effectiveness of internal control over financial reporting (ICFR). The candidate will have a hands-on approach and be involved in all aspects of SOX activities from planning to execution. Additional responsibilities include finance policy management, consult management on risk related topics, and support various compliance programs. The role provides high visibility to senior management within the company.
A strong candidate will have a strong knowledge of SOX 404, well versed in risk assessment and identification, comfortable discussing audit findings with senior management, and have a strong sense of ownership to drive remediation efforts and process enhancements. This position is located in Camden, NJ. Campbells operates a hybrid work environment with 3 days a week in the office and 2 days a week remote. Travel up to 5% may be required.
What You Will Do:
- Manage and execute various SOX program components, including scoping, risk assessment, control testing, workpaper review, deficiency evaluations, remediation recommendations, and executive reporting
- Assess business processes to identify key controls, risks and provide improvement recommendations to management
- Manage updates to the compliance documentation including risk and control matrices, as well as process and control narratives
- Provide design guidance on new controls/update existing controls for new/changes to business processes, system implementations, acquisitions, divestitures, and/or new accounting pronouncements, as applicable
- Evaluate control deficiencies, perform root cause, and gap analysis, evaluate materiality impact, propose remediation action plans, and track remediation action plans to completion
- Oversee resources for compliance activities as well as review test work completed by internal staff and/or 3rd party audit resources
- Coordinate SOX activities and liaise between external auditors, internal auditors, 3rd party audit resources, and control owners
- Evaluate SSAE18 SOC 1 or 2 reports from third-party service providers
- Manage various compliance activities such as control certifications and key report certifications, as well as guidance and training sessions to employees on internal controls and compliance topics
- Manage finance policy program and work with management to ensure the policies are current and accurate
- Continuously improve the compliance program to become more efficient and effective through optimization and automation
Who You Are:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration
- CPA strongly preferred
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in Risk, Compliance, or Audit
- Experience in managing SOX compliance program or SOX control assessment
- Demonstrates a good understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), Generally Accepted Auditing Standards, SOX 404 and COSO Framework
- Effective oral and written communication skills are also required to allow the candidate to effectively influence, build relationships, and resolve conflicts with various levels of management and members of Campbell's organization
- Demonstrates a continuous improvement mindset and possesses assessment and process-oriented background with ability to adapt in a dynamic environment and drive change
- Exhibits a proactive work style, strong organizational skills, ability to prioritize, and has a high level of attention to details
- Experience with Consumer Goods or Manufacturing industries
- Experience with financial statement audits
- Experience with testing SAP (ERP) related controls
- Familiarity with automation and data analytics tool (i.e. Power BI)
The Company is committed to providing equal opportunity for employees and applicants in all aspects of the employment relationship, without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
In that regard, U.S. applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click here for additional information.