If you are located in the La Crosse, WI you will have the flexibility to telecommute* as you take on some tough challenges.
At Optum, the mission is clear: Help people live heathier lives and help make the health system work better for everyone
LHI is one of 4 businesses under OptumServe. OptumServe provides health care services and proven expertise to help federal government agencies modernize the U.S. health system and improve the health and well - being of Americans. By joining OptumServe you are part of the family of companies that make UnitedHealth Group a leader across most major segments in the U.S. health care system.
LHI was founded in 1999 and acquired by Optum in 2011, LHI specializes in creating and managing health care programs through on - location services, patient - specific in - clinic appointments, telehealth assessments, or any combination based on customer need. LHI's customizable solutions serve the diverse needs of commercial customers, as well as federal and state agencies, including the U.S. Departments of Defense, Veterans Affairs, and Health and Human Services.
There’s an energy and excitement here, a shared mission to improve the lives of others as well as our own. Ready for a new path? Start doing your life’s best work.
Responsible for assisting with quality monitoring, training and maintaining process documentation. Review and transcription of medical documentation from providers. Determine rework of services including analyzing cost/charge requirements. Review of sensitive laboratory and HIV results and completion. Ongoing communication with team members and other operational departments from issue resolution to order completion.
This position is full-time (40 hours/week) Monday - Friday. Employees are required to work our normal business hours of 8:00am – 5:00:pm. It may be necessary, given the business need, to work occasional overtime or weekends.
Training will be conducted virtually from your home.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
- Assist with conducting trainings, performing quality checks and issue resolution for new hires and continuous learning trainings for existing specialists
- Review and decide on inquiries from Provider Network Management and Accounts Payable in regards to payment to providers
- Review and decide on when to apply or waive charge and cost on services that will be charged to the customer based on contractual guidelines and by thorough review of order documentation
- Advise team members when missing components require follow-up appointments to be scheduled including what service codes are required
- Analyze order notes, task notes, history and medical and/or dental program guidelines to ensure contract specifications are met as well as ensuring these results are adequate for professional medical and/or review
- Ongoing communication within Data Control department and other operational departments to ensure exams are received from practitioners and processed in a timely manner
- Identify issues that require communications with various internal departments to facilitate completion of an order, verify contract requirement or resolve contract issues
- Assist in decision making based on contract requirements and guidelines
- Assist with writing and maintaining content of documents for the department related to the production of its daily work flow to include work instructions, standard operating procedures and reference materials
- Monitor departmental and company tasks and assignments to determine if immediate attention is required by emailing, meeting or calling another operational unit, provider or employee to ensure it gets completed in order to meet departmental/company goals and turn around expectations
- Perform data entry, manage department email inboxes and sort and distribute emails to appropriate team members
- Provide operational triage assistance and basic education for misrouted customer inquiries
- Act as a resource and liaison to support team members and internal/external customers with processes, training, education and issue resolution related to services provided based on contract guidelines and contractual requirement while building strong working relationships.
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School Diploma / GED (or higher)
- 1+ years of data control
- Proficient in Microsoft Word (creating and editing documents), Microsoft Excel (creating and editing tables), and Microsoft Outlook (email and calendar management)
- Must be within a commutable distance from our 328 FRONT STREET, La Crosse, WI office location
- Required to have a dedicated work area established that is separated from other living areas and provides information privacy
- Ability to keep all company sensitive documents secure (if applicable)
- Must live in a location that can receive a UnitedHealth Group approved high-speed internet connection or leverage an existing high-speed internet service
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential requirement of this role. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination prior to employment to ensure compliance.
- Associate's Degree (or higher) in Business, Health Information Technology
- Knowledge of adult learning / training methods and tools
- National Career Readiness Certificate
- Medical or Dental transcription
- Leadership experience
- Basic understanding of military protocol
- Strong ability to make sound judgment calls and decisions on a daily basis with limited information and guidance
- Excellent teamwork and leadership skills
- Strong analytical thinking; multi - tasking, organizational and time management skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with individuals at all levels of the organization
- Ability to problem solve and propose solutions in a fast paced environment
- Ability to demonstrate an appropriate level of assertiveness in performing work responsibilities under extreme deadlines
- Must be able to problem solve and propose solutions in a fast paced environment and the ability to demonstrate an appropriate level of assertiveness in performing work responsibilities under extreme deadlines
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
UnitedHealth Group requires all new hires and employees to report their COVID-19 vaccination status.
Military & Veterans find your next mission: We know your background and experience is different and we like that. UnitedHealth Group values the skills, experience and dedication that serving in the military demands. In fact, many of the values defined in the service mirror what the UnitedHealth Group culture holds true: Integrity, Compassion, Relationships, Innovation and Performance. Whether you are looking to transition from active duty to a civilian career, or are an experienced veteran or spouse, we want to help guide your career journey. Learn more at https://uhg.hr/transitioning-military
Learn how Teresa, a Senior Quality Analyst, works with military veterans and ensures they receive the best benefits and experience possible. https://uhg.hr/vet
Careers with LHI. Our focus is simple. We’re innovators in cost - effective health care management. And when you join our team, you’ll be a partner in impacting the lives of our customers, and employees. We’ve joined OptumHealth, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of companies, and our mission is to help the health system work better for everyone. We’re located on the banks of the beautiful Mississippi River in La Crosse, Wis., with a satellite office in Chicago and remote employees throughout the United States. We’re supported by a national network of more than 25,000 medical and dental providers. Simply put, together we work toward a healthier tomorrow for everyone. Our team members are selected for their dedication and mission - driven focus. For you, that means one incredible team and a singular opportunity to do your life’s best work.SM
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: data control, data entry, specialist, lead, records management, Onalaska, La Crosse, WI, work at home, work from home, WAH, WFH, remote, telecommute, hiring immediately, #rpo