Location: Horsham, PA
Duration: Contract to Hire
In this position the candidate will have an opportunity to drive technical standards and engineering culture to software products and application features for the healthcare industry. The candidate will work as a lead driving our overall early career Dojo pipeline focused on experiential learning for early career engineers. This role will be accountable for leading Dojo teams as well as owning the overall Dojo strategy, priorities, and Lead Dojo Software Engineers. They will own driving teams and leads to solve complex business problems using industry best practices and modern technology with a focus on upskilling and training new engineering graduates. Candidate must be a quick learner and have excellent communication skills . A passion for growing and defining a true engineering culture while mentoring and guiding early career engineers is a must.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Candidate should be confident to work independently, handle and guide the team and should be self-motivated
- Candidate should be able to drive technical architecture, design and best practices in the capacity of individual contributor as well as in a consulting mode
- The candidate should have good analytical and self-learning skills and desire to learn new technologies
- Candidate should have worked in microservices environment and should be fully aware of reference architectures and design patterns required for a complex implementation
- Lead and develop teams focused on modernization, enablement, and engineering culture
- Create quick working proof of concepts to validate and formalize solutions and design
- Own the overall technical design and direction of products
- Frequently contribute to the overall set of deliverables while driving reuse and standardization
- Bring innovative ideas to help continuously improve the application portfolio including the design, build, deploy, test and runtime within cloud ecosystems
- Participate in debugging and performance tuning in a high-performance cloud platform
- A great attitude and the passion and persistence to solve complex problems
- Participate in troubleshooting and debugging critical problems and resolving complex technical issues that may arise.
- Drive automation in project teams using best in class CI/CD and DevOps principles
- Execute development processes for the project such as build automation, unit testing, software configuration management and packaging.
- Able to solve simple to complex issues independently or with minimal support from SMEs'
- Work closely with development teams on data solutions with RDBMS and NoSQL systems and ensure appropriate data modelling to meet business requirements.
- Provide inputs to development teams. Setup and maintain documentation and standards. Develop innovation, strategies, processes, and best practices across full GPT segment.
- Ability to prioritize and manage work to critical project timelines in a fast-paced environment
- Mentoring junior team members as well as team leads in design decisions and own the code reviews.
- Define and operate overall Dojo practice
- Good in oral & written communication skills. Exposure to healthcare domain is plus
- 10+ years of experience with at least 3 years of experience working as a lead with expertise in building and shipping production ready software in a scaled distributed environment
- Expertise implementing microservices
- Excellent programming skills with Java and related frameworks like Spring Boot, Hibernate, Rest Assured, etc
- Knowledge of UI based technologies preferably with Angular
- Knowledge of a variety of modern open-source technologies (Kafka, AVRO, Prometheus, ELK, Kubernetes,)
- Knowledge of a variety of modern database technologies with experience in both RDBMS and NoSQL Implementations
- Expertise in incremental Agile delivery practices
- Knowledge of Continuous Integration and Deployment Strategies
- Expertise with RESTful Web Services
- Expertise with Github and Git version control
- Excellence in technical communication with peers and non-technical colleagues.
- Expertise in container virtualization utilizing Docker and CICD using Jenkins, Gitlab or CircleCI
- Ability to lead and develop people
- A passion for modern engineering and culture
- Experience leading and driving early career engineers
- Health Care experience
- Experience decoupling monolithic applications
- Commercial cloud knowledge and experience