Circle is a global financial technology firm that enables businesses of all sizes to harness the power of digital currency and public blockchains for payments, commerce and financial applications worldwide. Circle platforms and products provide a suite of internet-native financial services for payments, treasury infrastructure and capital formation. Circle is also a principal developer of USD Coin (USDC), which has become the fastest growing dollar digital currency in the world. USDC has grown to over 53+ billion in circulation and supported over $1.9+ trillion in transactions in the past year. Circle's payments and treasury infrastructure services available through the Circle Account and APIs helps bridge the legacy financial system and digital currency and blockchain based finance. Circle's SeedInvest service brings internet-native fundraising and capital formation to startups and growth companies. Combined, Circle's suite of services helps companies to participate in a more open, global and inclusive financial system.
What you'll be part of:
With the mission "To raise global economic prosperity through the frictionless exchange of financial value," Circle was founded on the belief that the internet, blockchains and digital currency will rewire the global economic system, creating a fundamentally more open, inclusive, efficient and integrated world economy. We envision a global economy where people and businesses everywhere can more freely connect and transact with each other with new technologies for digital money and internet-native finance. We believe such a system can raise prosperity for people and companies everywhere. Our mission is powered by the values we espouse and which we expect all Circlers to respect. We are Multistakeholder, serving the needs of our customers, our shareholders, our employees and families, our local communities and our world. Furthermore, we are also Mindful, Driven by Excellence, and High Integrity.
What you'll be responsible for:
Circle is looking for a Lead Program Manager to drive the planning, coordination and execution of Circle's entire compliance and risk platform roadmap. This role will be responsible for defining and guiding high-level goals and roadmaps, monitoring and communicating progress, and identifying and defining new program areas that support our existing and new products. You will create project plans, lead cross functional team activities, track project dependencies, manage the resolution of issues and communicate program status. You are the glue that holds teams together - always ensuring that everyone is on the same page.
We are seeking someone with a demonstrated history of successfully owning and managing large, complex program areas and engaging with cross-functional teams, and numerous stakeholders, directly and through influence. The ideal candidate will have a strong technical background and an overarching understanding of the whole system architecture along with experience effectively collaborating with cross-functional teams to drive results are key drivers for this role.
You will aspire to our four core values:
- Multistakeholder - you have dedication and commitment to our customers, shareholders, employees and families and local communities.
- Mindful - you seek to be respectful, an active listener and to pay attention to detail.
- Driven by Excellence - you are driven by our mission and our passion for customer success which means you relentlessly pursue excellence, that you do not tolerate mediocrity and you work intensely to achieve your goals.
- High Integrity - you seek open and honest communication, and you hold yourself to very high moral and ethical standards. You reject manipulation, dishonesty and intolerance.
What you'll work on:
- Own the Compliance and Risk Platform roadmap, including stakeholder coordination, business requirements development and prioritization assessment.
- Lead the evolution of our existing tools and systems, making incremental improvements along the way while developing the solutions to reimagine those systems.
- Build deep relationships and create strategic alliances to establish trust with key stakeholders across risk, compliance, engineering, product etc. to accelerate delivery of risk and compliance initiatives.
- Proactively identify process gaps, roadblocks, bottlenecks, and inefficiencies that will negatively impact risk and compliance platform efforts and mitigate them.
- Partner with all key stakeholders to define the product requirements, develop insights and write detailed user stories to deliver features and functionality to scale Circle's compliance functions.
- Own the development and maintenance of all documentation that details the composition and inner workings of the Compliance and Risk Platform.
- Communicate product status, metrics, goals and performance clearly to internal stakeholders throughout the organization, including impacted teams
- Develop, monitor and report on a suite of KPIs / KRIs for various internal fora including Executive Leadership and Board-level reporting.
What you'll bring to Circle:
- A natural leader who is solutions and delivery-focused.
- 7+ years program management experience (preferably in the technical or financial space) in executing the implementation of KYC, AML, or Sanctions technologies in scaled companies, including leading programs for Fintech or crypto businesses.
- Fantastic communicator both verbally and in writing. Comfortable interfacing with executives, as well as product managers and developers.
- Proven track record of leading diverse, cross-functional project teams in the successful launch of new products or services.
- Excels in relationship building and has proven success in influencing without direct authority at all levels, from senior leadership to individual contributors.
- Outstanding change management skills and the ability to lead teams through change.
- You are a self-starter and fast-moving when it comes to putting plans into motion - you don't need to work from a script.
- Basic understanding of crypto assets and blockchain technology, and a strong desire to learn more. Passionate about bringing this technology to the mainstream.
- Executive presence with an ability to influence and worki hands-on with other cross-functional team leaders, such as lawyers, engineers, product managers, data analysts, operations analysts in improving compliance processes and systems.
- Experience/familiarity with Slack, Apple MacOS and GSuite.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Circle. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.