Kitchen Success Supervisor
What do we do
Red Rabbit is a Black-owned School Food Management Company that works with hundreds of schools, districts, and food banks to uplift communities of color throughout the North East and Mid-Atlantic Regions.
Our professionally trained chefs create menus, source farm fresh ingredients, and cook delicious, thoughtful, and familiar food. School food matters not only because its integral to good health, but because what children eat is an essential part of their cultural identity and sense of self.
About the Role
The Kitchen Success Supervisor reports to the District Manager and partners with the Head Chef to direct the day-to-day tasks of a 3 - 7 person school cafeteria kitchen in preparing and serving meals for hundreds of kids. The key function for this position is to ensure meals are prepared on time and with dignity, ensuring school needs are consistently met.
The ideal candidate has strong kitchen expediting, is comfortable with office-work, and enjoys interacting with customers. A strong emphasis will be placed on candidates ability to train and motivate their team.
- Establish the timelines, oversee the setup, direct the plating and distribution of all meals being served, ensure all meals are served with dignity.
- Act as expediter, ensure service is on-time and meal counts are accurate.
- Build relationships with the school community, including teachers, administrators, and parents.
- Adhere to production schedules, track and submit consumption numbers and daily compliance reports.
- Partner with Head Chef to ensure menu prep, cleanup and overall kitchen organization is delegated correctly.
- Train, coach, and develop kitchen team members.
- Create a supportive environment that encourages team cohesion, member retention, and excellent performance.
- Attend school meetings when possible.
- Work with Learning & Development team to educate the school community through culinary and nutrition presentations in the cafeteria.
- Communicate with the Head Chef and District Manager on school feedback and provide solutions as issues are presented from school.
- Oversee facility maintenance projects.
Skills & Requirements
- 3+ years professional culinary experience in a fast paced, high volume kitchen
- 2+ years supervisory/management experience
- 1+ years front facing customers service experience
- Demonstrated knowledge of proper food safety and sanitation practices
- Must be comfortable using software/apps/spreadsheets to track and report data
- Must have excellent communication skills and be extremely well organized
- Familiarity with NSLP compliance requirements a plus
- Must have Serv Safe or food handlers license or certificate (or obtain within first 3 months of employment)
- Must share our passion for creating equity in the school cafeteria
Job Type: Full Time
Typical Hours: Monday - Friday apx- 7:00 AM to 3:30 PM
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Reports to: Head Chef
Compensation: $20 - $24
- Generous PTO
- Health, Dental, Vision Insurance
- 401k Option
- Paid Professional Development
- Education Reimbursement Opportunities
- Paid Family Leave
- Disability Insurance Coverage
About Red Rabbit
Founded in 2005, Red Rabbit is a black-owned, MWBE Certified, K-12 school food management company that believes choosing to feed children diverse and nutritious food is an act of social justice. Red Rabbit celebrates all cultures in the urban school cafeteria by preparing meals that reflect the heritage of the kids they serve. The company places professionally trained chefs in the school cafeteria to create culturally relevant meals that become part of the school community. From our kitchens, Red Rabbit prepares and delivers thousands of heritage-based, scratch made meals to the Greater New York, Philadelphia and New Jersey regions.
Red Rabbit is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, or sexual orientation.