Atosa Catering Equipment, Inc. is a leading manufacturer and distributor of commercial kitchen equipment, such as refrigeration, gas cooking equipment, and more. As a young and fast growing company, we are presently searching for a Service Technician to join our warranty service team, "Smart Kitchen Service" in Philadelphia, PA. Our Service Technicians are responsible for troubleshooting, diagnosing, and repairing commercial kitchen equipment in the field while also providing excellent customer service to our customers. They are responsible for servicing our Atosa, CookRite, and PrepPal branded units within their designated territory and communicating/reporting problems and solutions for their co-workers in customer service.
Our ideal candidate will be an ambitious and hardworking professional with experience in commercial equipment repair specifically refrigeration, gas equipment, and electrical service. Applying candidates must be self-starters and have the ability to stay organized, pay attention to detail, and problem solve under minimal supervision. Our company provides our Service Technicians with everything they'll need to succeed on the job, including tools, a service vehicle, a gas card, a mobile device, and more. Our company also offers a competitive salary, paid time off, and excellent benefits.
- Product Knowledge: Become familiar with all Atosa's products/brands, learn about new products in expanding product lines, and stay on top of equipment product design changes/improvements. Study equipment specifications, part diagrams, user manuals, and other available materials to learn about the products. Atosa products include refrigeration, gas equipment, kitchen appliances, and more.
- Service Repairs: Inspect damaged or malfunctioning equipment for safety and functionality, conduct performance tests on the equipment using specialized tools, troubleshoot the equipment to determine the root cause of the issue, problem solve to determine the best solution for repairing the equipment, and execute repairs on the damaged or malfunctioning equipment.
- Travel & Appointments: Safely operate the company service vehicle to travel to various customer locations as scheduled for service repairs. Keep track of all scheduled customer appointments and provide ETAs and updates to dispatch representatives. Be punctual and strictly adhere to a daily schedule with multiple appointments at different locations throughout the day.
- Inventory: Maintain accurate inventory on parts and track availability by completing frequent physical counts. Maintain inventory of all tools, equipment, HVAC resources, and other such assets assigned by the company.
- Communication: Professionally and efficiently communicate in a timely manner via telephone and/or e-mail. Establish, promote, and maintain excellent rapport and communications with all customers, co-workers, sales representatives, fellow technicians, and others as required or appropriate.
- Documentation: Submit all required paperwork for completed service repairs, invoices, payment transactions, and other requested documentation within the assigned time frame using the approved systems.
- Customer Service: Develop and maintain excellent customer service to internal and external customers at all times.
- Excellent organizational skills, ability to prioritize workload.
- Ability to work independently and be self-motivated, as well as the ability to work efficiently with a team.
- Critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Ability to concentrate, handle pressure, meet deadlines and pay attention to details in fast pace environment.
- Strong customer service, interpersonal, and communication skills. Must be able to explain complex technical concepts in a simplified way that customers can understand.
- Ability to read, understand and review diagrams and specifications related to HVAC service and installation.
- Technical knowledge of HVAC service and installation.
- Good computer skills and understanding of operating systems and applications.
- Possess knowledge regarding basic and needed "tools of the trade". Must be able to work with various power tools following proper safety procedures.
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position (sit or stand) for a prolonged period of time, as well as regularly reach above the shoulders.
- Exhibit multi-limb coordination (coordinating tow or more limbs while sitting, standing, or lying down), excellent manual dexterity (using hand or hands to grasp, manipulate, or assemble objects), and good finger dexterity (using fingers of one or both hands to grasp, manipulate, or assemble very small objects).
- Must be able to bend, squat, push, pull and lift up to 75 pounds.
- Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) Certification to handle refrigerants.
- State HVAC technician's license.
- Valid Driver's License and clean driving record.
- CFESA certification is a plus (Not required).
Minimum Experience Required:
- Education: Associate's (AA) degree or equivalent from a two-year college or certification from a technical school in HVAC/R.
- Job Field: 3+ years' experience repairing commercial food service equipment.