Important Note: During the application process, ensure your contact information (email and phone number) is up to date and upload your current resume when submitting your application for consideration. To participate in some selection activities you will need to respond to an invitation. The invitation can be sent by both email and text message. In order to receive text message invitations, your profile must include a mobile phone number designated as “Personal Cell” or “Cellular” in the contact information of your application.
At Wells Fargo, we are looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. We are seeking candidates who embrace diversity, equity and inclusion in a workplace where everyone feels valued and inspired.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Technology sets IT strategy; enhances the design, development, and operations of our systems; optimizes the Wells Fargo infrastructure; provides information security; and enables Wells Fargo global customers to have 24 hours a day, 7 days a week banking access through in-branch, online, ATMs, and other channels.
Our mission is to deliver stable, secure, scalable, and innovative services at speeds that delight and satisfy our customers and unleash the skills potential of our employees.
The Info Sec Principal Engineer - Sr Data Scientist will be responsible for managing Identity and Access management data, repositories and controls along with infrastructure, data hygiene, and analytical tool development and implementation. This role is responsible for working with other engineering team members within Identity and Access Management Build Engineering, to develop and implement innovative solutions and analytical tools for the IAM Portfolio.
Provide the highest technical expertise for the planning, analysis, design, implementation, maintenance, and control of the organization's server-class databases, engaging with DBA teams, architecture, Scrum Master, QA, BSA, Product and supporting teams to create efficient and consistent solutions. Assure successful sprint and release planning following agile development methodology. Lead the most complex or critical data/ database management initiatives that typically involve multiple disciplines and multiple business groups, including database architecture, other Core Engineering teams, design, integration, and/or data modeling. Provide highest level of expertise in complex databases troubleshooting and problem resolution and drive continuous process improvement as preventive actions. Recommend improvements to web application processing issues and design. As the recognized technical expert, consult extensively with multiple client groups to provide strategic solutions, influencing long-range internal and enterprise-level data/ database architecture and management strategies. Design and certify next generation database technologies and provide technical leadership and recommendation into the future direction of database technology. Able to handle multiple/conflicting projects and deadlines; able to work on call and provide 24/7 production support. Demonstrate proficient communication skills with management, application teams, vendors, and systems administrators. Interact with customers (internal / external) to meet process deliverables. Has competency in business language skills. Document and present to the technical and non-technical audience database related information. Consult or develop EDM best practices & SOP and promote these standards across the team. Mentor/Train DBA operations team in the installation, configuration, and maintenance of databases and/or database related products, lead educational sessions on continuing basis within our EDM community.
Areas of responsibility will include, but not limited to, data source identification, data modeling and assessment, analytical model (machine learning) development and management, code development and testing for tools.
- 7+ years of database (DB) technologies experience
- 3+ years of Logical + Physical Data Modeling experience
- 7+ years of experience in supporting software development life cycle for large-scale distributed technology projects and migrations
Telecommute is an option for this position.
- 10+ years of engineering experience; or 10+ years of experience in a technical management role
- 3+ years of design, implementation and governance experience with Artificial Intelligence, Natural Language Processing or Machine Learning architecture
- 4+ years of experience with databases such as Oracle, DB2, SQL server, or Teradata
- 5+ years of experience delivering ETL, data warehouse and data analytics capabilities on big-data architecture such as Hadoop
- A Masters degree or higher in computer science or finance
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- 3+ years of experience with end-to-end design and delivery of data warehouse applications
- Knowledge and understanding of IAM (Identity and Access Management)
- Data modeling experience
- Information security experience
Other Desired Qualifications
- 3+ years experience with Data science, Machine learning, optimization models, exploratory data analysis (EDA)
- 3+ years experience with Agile development or DevOps methodologies.
- Ability to assess issues, make quick decisions, implement solutions, and influence change
- Strong customer relationship management skills
- 3+ years in data science related field
To be determined
NC-Charlotte: 300 S Brevard St - Charlotte, NC
MN-Saint Louis Park: 300 Highway 169 S - Saint Louis Park, MN
TX-Irving: 2975 Regent Blvd - Irving, TX
AZ-Chandler: 2600 S Price Rd - Chandler, AZ
IA-Des Moines: 800 Walnut St - Des Moines, IA
IA-West Des Moines: 7001 Westown Pkwy - West Des Moines, IA
MN-Minneapolis: 550 South 4th St - Minneapolis, MN
NY-New York: 150 E 42nd St - New York, NY
PA-Philadelphia: 101 N Independence Mall E - Philadelphia, PA
NC-Raleigh: 1100 Corporate Center Dr - Raleigh, NC
MO-Saint Louis: 1 N Jefferson Ave - Saint Louis, MO
MA-Boston: 125 High Street - Boston, MA
IL-Chicago: 10 S Wacker Drive - Chicago, IL
CA-SF-Financial District: 333 Market St - San Francisco, CA
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
Visit https://www.wellsfargo.com/about/careers/benefits for benefits information.