Job Description/Essential Functions:
Horizon House, a non-profit organization, has been widely recognized for its services as a provider of community-based behavioral health, intellectual disabled and homeless services in Eastern Pennsylvania and the state of Delaware. Each year, Horizon House provides a continuum of services at over 100 sites to over 4,5000 adults with psychiatric or developmental disabilities, drug and alcohol addictions, and/or homelessness. A pioneer in the field of community-based rehabilitation, Horizon House is widely recognized for its innovative approach to the delivery of services in a community setting. Currently, we are seeking full time Human Resources Representative to work in our HR Department.
Some of this position's responsibilities are:
- Provides support to the Human Resource Manager in the areas of recruitment, employee relations, unemployment compensation, compliance, credentialing and training. The position supports recruitment efforts of the Agency and oversees applicant tracking and Agency recruitment resources for assigned areas.
- Ensures the sufficient acquisition of personnel in assigned areas according to Agency guidelines and all employment laws. Maintain a pool of qualified candidates for agency positions.
- Pre-screens applicants for vacant positions. Refers qualified applicants to program management staff as appropriate. Follows-up on applicants referred through completion of interview process.
- Ensures accurate and efficient completion of hiring and orientation processes including offers of employment, reference checks, and associated paperwork.
- Monitors and enhances applicant tracking systems, as necessary, to ensure accurate reporting, timely processing, and required feedback. Maintain and monitor system for maintenance and retrieval of applicant related paperwork.
- Monitors and enhances the community resources listing. Maintains contact with community resources and develops new recruitment opportunities.
- Monitors print advertisement placement and data entry. Prepares reports as necessary.
- Assist Human Resource Manager in developing and coaching supervisors on interviewing techniques.
- Maintains relationships with outside agencies for coordinated hiring efforts.
A successful applicant will have the following:
- B.A. Degree in Personnel, Business or Public Administration or a closely related field preferred and at least 2 years of relevant experience in employment processes; or any combination of experience, education or training that would provide the level of knowledge, skill and ability required.
- Must possess a valid driver's license and be available for regional travel.
- Knowledge of and/or ability to learn employment laws and regulations.
- Highly organized and detail oriented.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Flexibility to work with changing priorities, people, rules and program needs.
- Required sitting for long periods of time.
- Light lifting and/or carrying, not to exceed 25 lbs.
- Frequent talking and listening.
- Flexible schedule, including some evening and/or weekend hours.
Horizon House offers competitive compensations and a comprehensive benefit package including: medical & dental, (9) nine paid holidays, paid time off, tuition reimbursement, retirement savings plan, voluntary tax sheltered annuity, transit benefit program, opportunities for advancement and more.
Horizon House, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer • M/F/Veteran/ Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
You must apply on our website to be considered an applicant.