Shriners Hospitals for Children - Philadelphia seeks a Human Resources professional with knowledge and experience in recruitment and retention, preferably in a hospital/healthcare setting. The HR Generalist is primarily responsible for the coordination of targeted recruitment and marketing tactics and the development and execution of employee engagement programs.
Workforce Planning and Employment 45%
- Develops recruitment strategies to meet short and long-range staffing and volunteer needs of the hospital.
- Participates in full-life cycle of recruitment, including identifying needs with hiring managers; determining job specifications, qualifications and skill level; developing a recruitment strategy; advertising, sourcing, interviewing, salary negotiations and closing job offers.
- Performs workforce member onboarding to include introduction to the hospital, organizational structure, mission, vision, values and the orientation process.
- Coordinates employee orientation with the education department.
Employee Relations 20%
- Coordinates employee recognition and reward program to include leadership on the employee engagement committee; employee recognition efforts – employee of the quarter, quarterly employee activities,
- Contributes to HR employee communication efforts – employee newsletter, emails, digital signage, postings, town meetings
- Coaches, counsels and guides managers on employee disciplinary actions.
Regulatory and Compliance 15%
- Stays current and is knowledgeable of the SHC employee handbook and hospital specific policies and procedures and is able to assist workforce members with questions.
- Maintains compliance with federal, state and local employment and benefit laws and regulations, as well as, The Joint Commission and CMS requirements.
Organizational Development and Training 10%
- Coaches managers and employees on the performance appraisal process with the Hospital’s goal of increased employee growth and departmental success.
- Serves as Admin on the Halogen electronic performance evaluation system – verifies and assigns appropriate managers, job descriptions, and process and assists employee and manager end-users with questions and issues.
- Participates in the planning and delivery of the employee training and development initiatives and programs.
Total Rewards 5%
- Maintains thorough knowledge of benefit programs and assists with new and annual employee enrollment and questions.
- Performs internal and market compensation analysis for the recommendation of candidate salary offers and internal promotions.
Special Projects 5%
- Provides assistance in overall management of the HR function as requested/needed by the Director.
- Completes special projects, research and other tasks involving all aspects of the HR function as needed.