JOB TITLE: Human Resources Generalist
SUMMARY: Local production company in the Souderton area is looking for an HR Generalist to join their team. This person is responsible for coordinating and assisting the Director of HR with the employee relations/benefit programs and other HR functions. This person has responsibility for benefits administration, hiring safety programs, and risk management programs.
* Provides input to the company's policies, procedures, and practices on human resource matters
* Maintains knowledge of industry trends and employment legislation, and working with the Director, ensures company compliance
* Responsible for benefits administration and benefits enrollment
* Assists Director of HR in managing workers compensation claims
* Assists the Director of HR in maintaining a safe working environment
* Administrative responsibilities with regard to the company safety program, safety and OSHA compliance, safety awareness, and accident investigations
* Handles all leave of absences (FMLA, STD, LTD, etc.)
* Maintains all I-9 files
* Handles all EEO activities and plans
* Maintain employee morale, motivation, and retention
* Assist and participate in employee orientations
* Assist in training of employees in career advancement and maintaining and increasing job skills
* Assist managers in areas that will promote good employee relations
* Investigates problems such as working conditions, disciplinary actions, and employee and applicant appeals and complaints. Provides guidance and recommendations for problem resolution to departmental management and individuals.
* Assists the Director of Human Resources in the development of policies and procedures.
* Advises and assists in developing, planning, directing, and implementing procedures to produce effective and efficient management of the employee relations function.
* Bachelor's degree or minimum of 7 years of experience in Human Resources
* 3+ years of progressive HR Generalist experience, preferably with experience in a manufacturing, industrial, production environment
* Ability to maintain the highest level of confidentiality and ethical standards
* Demonstrated experience handling sensitive HR legal issues and US labor laws.
* Excellent employee relation skills. Strong experience working the 'soft side' of HR including effective employee /management communications and developing a culture of cooperation, teamwork and open communication at all levels.
* Able to work well in a team environment to achieve individual and company objectives.
* Fundamental and working knowledge of computers, including MS Office applications (i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Access).
* Bilingual is a plus