Ballard Spahr has a new opportunity for a Human Resources Coordinator in our Human Resources Department. This integral role will administer all leaves of absence including disability and parental leaves in compliance with federal, state and local leave laws. This position is also responsible for HR System data entry and provides support for Time and Absence to staff and managers.
Our HR Coordinator will:
- Interpret and administer leave programs and policies in accordance with applicable federal, state and local leave laws.
- Serve as firm-wide point of contact for all leave related inquiries, provide guidance and coordinate completion of necessary paperwork to employees to commence leave, maintain appropriate contact with employees on leave and coordinate return to work.
- Manage time and attendance compliance ensuring timesheets are approved and submitted, assist with time off and timesheet corrections and process PTO/Sick Time donations.
- Data entry into HR System including, but not limited to, employee leaves, status changes, and terminations, review and approve self-service changes submitted through Workday and perform frequent data audits to ensure data integrity in the HR System.
- Respond to RFPs and other ad-hoc report requests for demographic and other required information.
- Manage compliance with Federal and State labor law poster requirements for each Ballard office location, coordinate and schedule Employee Advisory Committee (EAC) meetings, and composes weekly Firm newsletter
The selected individual will have strong verbal and written communication skills as along with excellent interpersonal and organizational skills. Must be able to prioritize, handle multiple demands and meet deadlines. Attention to detail, time management skills and the ability to work collaboratively with team members is required. A demonstrated ability to maintain confidential and sensitive information is essential.
Requirements include a minimum of 3 years of human resources related experience preferably in a legal or professional services environment; working knowledge of federal, state and local leave programs and applicable laws. Candidates should have a high degree of technical proficiency with Microsoft Office 2016, especially Word and Excel; and HRIS experience, preferably Workday, a plus. This position offers the potential for a hybrid work arrangement with the expectation to work in the Philadelphia office, as needed.
Ballard Spahr is committed to increasing diversity in the legal profession and to supporting the communities where we live and work. People from all backgrounds are valued and integrated into every part of the firm. Diverse candidates including women, people of color and members of the LGBTQAI+ community, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
The health, safety and well-being of our Ballard community is a top priority. Therefore, all lawyers and staff are required to be fully vaccinated as a condition of employment. We believe this is the most prudent position to take in order to meet our obligation to provide as safe of a workplace as possible. The firm will provide exemptions and accommodations for medical and religious reasons consistent with applicable law.
The firm is not accepting resumes from search firms for this position.
For immediate consideration, please visit our career page https://jobs.silkroad.com/BallardSpahr/Careers and apply online.
Ballard Spahr is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering a culturally diverse environment. The firm encourages applications from a diverse pool of candidates, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, age, national origin, handicap or disability, citizenship, sex, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical condition, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, transgender status, sex stereotyping, genetic information, ancestry, veteran status or any other category protected by applicable law.