Green Tree School & Services (GTSS) is a non-profit state licensed agency that provides education, therapeutic and clinical support to children ages 5-21 with Autism Disorder and severe Emotional Disability at Green Tree School & Services, all students are instructed based on their IEP goals and the appropriate state standards as defined but the Pennsylvania Department of Education.
Green Tree School & Services is searching for a Special Education Teacher to teach and mentor students. As a Special Education Teacher, you will play an integral role in the success of our students while overseeing the classroom team and dynamics.
Summary: This is a full-time, ten-month position to provide general classroom instruction for students with Autistic Spectrum Disorders, serious Emotional Disturbance or Development Delays.
Essential Duties and Responsibility:
- Effectively and proactively Supervise class structure and schedule.
- Maintain ongoing supervision and evaluation of all students, providing timely and constructive feedback to collaborating personnel and to participate in follow-up planning.
- Maintain documentation and vigilance of student goals and objectives, monitoring progress and reporting successes.
- Monitor and support implementation of prescribed behavior program.
- Effectively Supervise bus transitions, meals, recess, and other non- academic responsibilities.
- Participate actively in staff discussions and collaborate through communication in established team meetings.
- Implement and evaluate success of prescribed curriculum and quality instructional techniques.
- Maintain focus on “best practices”, continuously seeking new ideas and techniques to ensure student progress.
- Participate in planning and implementation of quality in-services.
- Promote social responsibility and leadership of support staff and students.
- Promote social responsibility and conflict mediation.
- Maintain a clean and orderly classroom.
- Display students work and stimulate student interest via bulletin boards and room displays.
- Maintain various classroom arrangement conducive to diverse student body.
- Ability to apply a variety of techniques and approaches to meet the range of student levels and skills.
- Ability to individualize instruction according to cognitive and academic styles of learners.
- Engage students in stimulating, multi-modality learning experience consistent with prescribed curriculum.
- Use appropriate and timely verbal de-escalation techniques whenever possible.
- Collaborate in safe physical intervention as necessary.
- Encourage students to embrace, multicultural opportunities and experiences.
Eligible Green Tree Employees will receive:
- Competitive Pay
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- Employee Discount Programs
- 401k options, Paid school holidays, and paid time off.
Green Tree School & Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer:
All decisions related to employment will be determined by the employee's ability to perform the essential functions of the job with or without a reasonable accommodation.
For more information about Green Tree School & Services please visit our website: www.greentreeschool.org
- 1 year(s): Teaching
- Bachelors or better in Education or related field
Licenses & Certifications
- Teacher - Spec. Ed.