STV is a leading, award-winning professional firm offering engineering, architectural, planning, environmental and construction management services. STV consistently ranks among the country's top firms in many of the markets we serve. STVs PM/CM Division is a national practice providing a comprehensive compendium of services to a broad and ever expanding client base. Our services encompass program advisory, project management, project controls, owners representative and construction management as agent. Our portfolio within the PM/CM Division includes healthcare, bio life science, public works,research, commercial, industrial, educational, judicial, institutional, transportation and aviation market sectors.
We are seekingHealthcare Senior Project Managerswith a strong history of recent healthcare experience representing owners on capital programs, facility upgrades, renovations and additions for both new and occupied healthcare facilities. The successful candidate will assume a role in our division managing Capital Program Management/Owners Representative assignments. The successful candidate will represent the owner and owner stakeholder groups and be an integral part of a high preforming team of professionals leading the delivery of projects and or programs for healthcare specific clients in the Philadelphia Metro and Southern New Jersey markets. The Senior Project Manager will represent the owners interest in managing design professionals and contractors constructing state of the art Healthcare, Pharmaceutical and Bio Life Science facilities. In this role the Senior Project Manager will work alongside of executive managers and will guide the project team to manage all phases of the project life cycle including but not limited to budgeting, planning, design, bidding, construction, commissioning, move management planning and close out services. Join STV and become part of one of the most dynamic and fast paced market sectors in the construction industry.
Responsibilities include assisting the Executive Managers in leading the project team. The SPM will set goals, develop project implementation strategies, policies and procedures to guide the project/program and mentoring team members. The SPM shall manage staff, recruit new staff, manage program financials and schedules. In addition, the SPM shall carry out duties as assigned by the Executive Team to achieve the successful completion of the program.
- The SPM shall lead cross functional healthcare projects/programs and initiatives with demanding resource requirements, risk, and/or complexity.
- Negotiate program scope changes, staffing assignments, and fees on behalf of STV.
- Develop program organizational structures and implementation strategies.
- Define program resource requirements.
- Manage the client relationship.
- Monitor design and construction activities to ensure that all phases of work are done in accordance with contractual agreements and corporate quality standards.
- Define and assign project responsibilities to the Project/Program Team.
- Develop policies and procedures to foster the growth of a high performing team.
- Evaluate program financials, cash flow analyses, and cost estimates, as well as purchase orders, change orders, and invoices and implement actions to facilitate program compliance and the successful delivery of the program.
- Work with team to forecast, identify and addresses areas of potential liabilities and risks.
- Work with team to develop, monitor, and maintain project schedules. Ensures that project objectives are met.
- Develop and implement policies and procedures to maintains client, consultant, contractor, and vendor relationships. Works with team to manage conflict resolution.
- Communicates complex ideas, anticipates potential concerns and persuades others, which may include executive leadership, to adopt positions to facilitate the successful conclusion of the project.
- Develop standards, protocols, policies and procedures to facilitate project success.
- Build a collaborative work environment.
- Provides guidance, direction, and instruction to less experienced team members and colleagues.
- Bachelors Degree required, in Construction Management, Architecture, Engineering or related field.
- Minimum of 15 years of clinical renovations and owner representative/project management experience, specifically in Hospital, Healthcare Systems, Pharmaceutical, and or Laboratory related projects.
- Demonstrated history in managing a minimum of $100 million in healthcare or related construction types.
- Demonstrated experience in managing high-rise construction projects.
- Demonstrated experience in managing program/project teams on large complex healthcare projects.
- Demonstrated experience, knowledge, and a track record in project management techniques, concepts, principles, and standards. Requires excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to effectively communicate at all levels internally and externally to establish credibility on project teams.
- Knowledge and ability to creatively resolve issues as they arise.
- Knowledge and ability to supervise people including recruitment, training, performance management, and people development.
- High proficiency with general Microsoft applications, including MS Project and Share Point.
- Demonstrated experience with project management software and applications.
Ability to forecast project challenges and motivate team to develop solutions to maintain compliance with safety protocols, quality, schedule and budget.