About Wells Fargo
Wells Fargo & Company (NYSE: WFC) is a diversified, community-based financial services company with $1.92 trillion in assets. Wells Fargo’s vision is to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. News, insights, and perspectives from Wells Fargo are also available at Wells Fargo Stories.
Consumer & Small Business Banking (CSSB)
Consumer and Small Business Banking (CSBB) provides financial services to 21 million retail bank households and three million small business customers through approximately 4,900 retail branches, 17 customer service centers, and approximately 13,000 ATMs in 36 states and the District of Columbia. We serve and help individuals and families in many aspects of their lives, helping them buy homes, open first bank and savings accounts, buy cars to get to and from work or school, and start or grow small businesses. CSBB is focused on innovating and transforming with the customer at the center, better enabling customers to engage with us how, when, and wherever they choose. As an industry leader in many consumer and small business areas – including retail deposits, debit card transaction and purchase volume, and small business lending – our primary goal is delivering for our customers.
Consumer Lending (CL)
Wells Fargo’s Consumer Lending businesses include Home Lending, Auto, Credit Cards, Retail & Merchant Services, Personal Lending, Consumer Lending Control, and Consumer Lending Operations.
Consumer Lending provides important products and services that are critical to helping our customers meet their financial needs. The Consumer Lending team partners with other businesses across Wells Fargo to create and deliver transformational experiences that help customers gain access to credit. Our broad suite of products help customers buy or refinance a home, purchase an automobile, or pay for other important personal needs. Consumer Lending serves millions of customers across the country through our distribution network of more than 5,300 retail banking branches and Home Lending offices as well as online and digital channels.
Wealth & Investment Management (WIM)
Wealth & Investment Management (WIM) is one of the nation’s leading providers of financial and investment services with employees present in all 50 states. WIM provides a full range of personalized wealth management, investment, and retirement products and services to meet clients’ unique needs and help them achieve financial goals. Our businesses include Wells Fargo Advisors (WFA), Private Wealth Management (PWM includes The Private Bank and Abbot Downing), and Wells Fargo Asset Management (WFAM). WIM administers $1.9 trillion in client assets, including $142 billion in deposits, and has $76 billion in loans.
WIM businesses are supported by Wealth Client Solutions (WCS), Wells Fargo Investment Institute (WFII), and WIM Operations in addition to WIM Control and the WIM Chief Operating Office. WCS was created to deliver a variety of banking products and services for WFA and PWM which includes banking, investment banking, and fiduciary products and services; and drive a culture of innovation, product excellence, client service and risk mitigation. WCS allows WIM to provide a better, more consistent client experience, while preserving the unique segment-based client experiences for which WIM is known.
The Consumer Data and Engagement Platform (CDEP)
The CDEP group works across the CSBB, Consumer Lending, and Wealth and Investment Management lines of business to develop coordinated strategies for growth in each of Wells Fargo's customer segments. The team is responsible for designing seamless, engaging customer experiences across products and channels, and building the next-generation digital, data and analytics, and functional capabilities required to deliver toward these objectives.
This role is a newly created leadership position within Marketing Execution organization in the Customer Data and Engagement Platforms (CDEP) organization, which is a function that spans Wells Fargo’s three Consumer Lines of Business. The goal of the function is to build cutting-edge data and analytics assets and deploy them to directly improve Customer Experience and deepen customer relationships—across digital, marketing, and front-line channels. The Marketing Execution organization is focused on effective end-to-end campaign execution including customer targeting, list management / generation, and channel distribution across digital, e-mail, and direct mail. Within the broader CDEP organization, we are greatly improving our data management and analytic capabilities. This role will be responsible for leveraging those capabilities to improve market execution.
This executive role will lead the definition and implementation of our data strategy and enablement strategy to re-design our end-to-end campaign execution model. This position will require bringing together data and technical expertise, marketing knowledge, broad influencing and leadership skills to the role to drive tangible results (both near-term and strategic) to improve business and customer outcomes.
This leadership role will be responsible for building out an expanded capability focused on data and analytics within the Marketing Execution organization. This leader will need demonstrated experience leading and implementing strategic change.
The leader will need to be able to quickly assess, galvanize and lead the team forward through significant change to achieve a desired set of marketing and customer deepening outcomes. The new leader of this organization will partner with key stakeholders across CDEP (including Head of Consumer Analytics, Head of Consumer Data Products) and broader LOB Marketing leadership team.
The role will provide significant scope of impact, results, and leadership and open the door for multiple leadership and management roles across the CDEP organization.
Key responsibilities of this leader role include:
- Define the strategy and implementation plan leveraging new data sources to drive process improvements in list generation/management
- Assess and define key capabilities and target state model we need to build to strengthen how we leverage data to deliver improved marketing execution processes
- Transform how the marketing execution team uses new data sources/assets to improve speed to market for campaign execution.
- Define portfolio of initiatives to achieve our strategic vision, including prioritized roadmap to deliver incremental value over time in an agile manner
- Align and coordinate with CDEP leadership (including Head of Consumer Analytics, Head of Consumer Data Products) and broader LOB Marketing leadership teams
- Support the enablement of new strategic products and campaign types across CDEP and LOB Marketing teams
- Responsible for overall team leadership and management. Lead the recruiting, build out and development of a high performing team.
As an Employee Manager, you are expected to achieve success by leading yourself, your team, and the business. Specifically, you will:
- Lead your team with integrity and create an environment where your employees feel included, valued, and supported to do work that energizes them.
- Accomplish management responsibilities which include sourcing and hiring talented employees, providing ongoing coaching and feedback, recognizing, and developing employees, identifying and managing risks, and completing daily management tasks.
The successful candidate will demonstrate leadership and credibility with a proven ability to influence broadly across a matrixed organization, create engagement, and drive results. This executive will be articulate and have strong interpersonal effectiveness with an impeccable reputation for integrity, accuracy, consistency, and business acumen. Key areas of experience include financial services, data operations and strategy, consumer segments, and analytics.
Locations: New York, NY; Charlotte, NC; Phoenix, AZ; San Francisco, CA; Wilmington, DE; other Wells Fargo locations may be considered.
Base salary range for this role is:
- Min: $168,000
- Mid: $240,000
- Max: $312,000
Compensation package may include a discretionary bonus, Restricted Share Rights, or other long-term incentives.
Visit https://www.wellsfargo.com/about/careers/benefits/ for benefits information.
- 10+ years of experience in one or more of the following functional areas: business process, quality assurance, strategic planning, or project management
- 8+ years of management experience
Other Desired Qualifications
- 12+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: Data science/ engineering, List Management/ Generation, Data Analytics, Strategy, Project Management
- 5+ years of leadership experience in a data-related field
- 10-years Financial Industry or Consumer business experience in data science, analytics, and / or engineering
- Experience in managing the integration of analytics, technology, and data to deliver more effective business operations and / or marketing execution
- Experience managing a team that interfaces with a broad set of stakeholders across the firm and process/project management.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to communicate complex ideas in a concise and clear fashion.
- Technical experience in a range of tools; examples include: Oracle PL/ SQL, Python, SPS/ SPSS, etc.
- Experience building relationships across lines of businesses, influencing partners, as well as providing credible and effective challenge
- Ability to combine a perpetual interest in learning, and deep knowledge of industry best practices/standards to build a world class organization
- Proven track record of developing and leading a team of strong quantitative analysts
- Ability to effectively communicate information to a variety of audiences
- A master's degree or higher in a quantitative field such as mathematics, statistics, engineering, physics, or computer science or an MBA or other related graduate degree and related quantitative business experience.
- Ability to travel up to 30% of the time
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.