Life Time Group Fitness brings members together to create lasting relationships, offer memorable experiences and help to achieve personal fitness goals. Whether it is focusing on breath in yoga, crushing miles with heart pumping music in cycle, or bringing the energy in our group fitness studios - we have a place for everyone. With over 20 branded formats, our nationally certified instructors are the heart and soul of Life Time. They dedicate their time, energy and passion to change lives, build communities and create magic. Your happiness, health and development are our top priority, and we are committed to continued investment into your growth as a Life Time Performer. We would love to welcome you to our family of passionate team members across the nation. As a Life Time Performer, our incredible benefits include a free Diamond membership to Life Time and discounts on all club services, products and more. With the growth at Life Time, your career opportunities are endless.
The Group Fitness Instructor provides cutting-edge group fitness instruction through a variety of entertaining, educational, and fun classes promoting fitness and positive self-esteem in a safe environment. They act as a fitness resource for class participants and maintains positive relationships with members to encourage continued class attendance. The Group Fitness Instructor is responsible for consistently meeting daily class attendance goals as well as effectively promote Life Time Fitness programs, products and services.
As a Group Fitness Instructor at Life Time, you have the opportunity to instruct a variety of group fitness formats.
Barbell Strength: lead your classes through muscular strength and endurance exercises using Iron Grip strength equipment with the hottest new music.
LifeBarre: balance power and grace in this full-body workout as you perform classic ballet moves, such as pliés and port de bras, along with Pilates and traditional conditioning exercises.
Warrior Sculpt: release your inner warrior and help your students discover theirs. This soulful-yet-fierce fusion of yoga and weights provides dynamic strength training through fast-moving, athletic movements with the room temperature set to sweat.
Xtreme: a reinvention of the original TCX. Move through progressive drills that feature explosive, dynamic, cardio-heavy movements that build with intensity, work each muscle group and emphasize recovery throughout.
Strike: challenge hundreds of people each day to "train mean to get lean" using intense full-body intervals that blend traditional kickboxing combos with exciting athletic drills.
Kettlebell Kombine: bring your energy as you lead a combination of cardio and strength-training exercises to improve athletic performance and strengthen the entire body - using only a kettlebell and your body weight.
Gluteus Maxout: focus on movements that target and strengthen the muscles in and around your legs and glutes, with a little cardio included throughout to challenge your aerobic capacity.
In addition to these cutting edge formats, we also cast for Instructors to lead Aqua, Dance and other general group fitness classes available.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
* Develops positive relationships with class participants by teaching a variety of challenging and entertaining group fitness classes
* Educates class participants on correct form and alternative moves during the fitness routine
* Attentively listens to members, answer questions, and engage in conversation before and after classes
* Cleans and organizes studio space after each Group Fitness class
* Provides current music for each class that entertains and motivates while ensuring appropriate language
* Promotes Life Time Fitness promotions, programs, products, and services while specifically encouraging participation for Group Fitness classes
* High School Diploma or GED
* 1 or more years of fitness instructor work experience
* CPR/AED Certification
* Minimum of one of the following Group Exercise Certifications: National Association of Sports Medicine (NASM), American Council of Exercise (ACE), American Fitness Aerobic Association (AFAA), Aquatic Exercise Association (AEA)
* Ability to perform an aerobic activity for duration of a class, which may include, but not limited to, standing, walking, climbing, balancing, running, crawling, and kneeling
* Ability to routinely lift 50 pounds and occasionally 100 pounds
* Ability to perform exercises specific to the assigned class
Life Time is a place for everyone. As an organization, we are committed to an inclusive, diverse and equitable workplace that respects and celebrates the unique contributions of each individual while ensuring we remain an equal opportunity employer that recruits, hires, trains and promotes based on merit and qualifications.