UnitedHealthcare is a company that's on the rise. We're expanding in multiple directions, across borders and, most of all, in the way we think. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about transforming the health care industry. Ready to make a difference? Make yourself at home with us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
Serving one in five Medicare beneficiaries, UnitedHealthcare Government Programs is the largest business dedicated to the health and wellbeing needs of seniors and other Medicare beneficiaries. For more than three decades, UnitedHealthcare has served the health care coverage needs of Medicare beneficiaries, navigating through multiple evolutions of the Medicare program and growing to become the preferred choice of more beneficiaries than any other company. Today we remain committed to providing people with a choice of innovative health and well-being solutions that help them access the quality care they need and enjoy the superior experience they deserve.
The role of Director Strategic Initiatives, Sales & Distribution will be a central role on the Sales Strategy & Experience team helping to oversee the implementation of new strategic initiatives across a complex, multi-channel distribution platform. This role will use data and insights to inform strategies and oversee how the UnitedHealthcare value prop is communicated across sales channels and throughout the agent experience. This will involve working cross-functionally within sales and distribution along with cross-functional partners to ensure consistency in the way we market our brand and Medicare products to agents. This role will also play a key role in supporting the development of strategic summaries for both upstream and downstream audiences.
If you are located in Minnetonka, you will have the flexibility to telecommute part time in this Hybrid Role as you take on some tough challenges.
- Inject a fresh perspective into how the UnitedHealthcare value proposition is delivered to agents and consumers, focusing on what matters most to consumers and taking inspiration from tactics that have worked in other industries
- Lead initiatives to develop, market, and sell the UnitedHealthcare value proposition to internal and external agents and distribution partners through communications, events, tools, and resources
- Oversee development of National and Local Product Roll-out strategies that align to business priorities, create excitement to sell UnitedHealthcare Medicare products, and convey differentiation
- Identify opportunities to transform sales and distribution strategies through data, analytics, observations and insights. Make recommendations on strategic priorities and develop executive summaries that “tell a story” to create audience buy-in
- Drive implementation of strategic initiatives across sales and distribution while partnering with stakeholders across the business. Ensure alignment with Product and Marketing on go-to-market messaging and tactics
- Cultivate a deep understanding of industry and UHC sales trends and develop actionable insights through ongoing data analysis, strategic research, and broker/agent feedback. Understand the different needs, expectations, and pain points across sales channels to optimize sales strategies and the agent experience
- Support sales initiatives to improve member retention and deliver a more seamless member experience from the time of enrollment to active plan coverage
- Deliver a distinctive, best-in-class agent experience that fosters agent loyalty and creates UHC brand ambassadors through the development and delivery of innovative, differentiated programs that enable agent engagement and increase satisfaction
- Lead, develop, and motivate direct reports while demonstrating and advancing our values of integrity, compassion, relationships, innovation and performance
- Ensure effective and positive relationships across sales and distribution and the broader government programs businesses
Common Language of Leadership Practices:
- Vision & Strategy Formulation
- Business & Commerce Savvy
- Marketing Savvy
- Leading change & transitions
- Growth Mindset
- Achievement drive
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience
- 7+ years marketing, sales, or business development experience
- Ability to think strategically with proven experience laying out strategy and developing consumer centric solutions
- Demonstrated problem solving skills (identification of issue, causes, solution and implementation plan)
- Innovative orientation and customer first mindset
- Located within commutable distance to Minnetonka, MN
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Medicare experience
- Superior collaboration and verbal and written communication skills
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers at UnitedHealthcare Medicare & Retirement. The Boomer generation is the fastest growing market segment in health care. And we are the largest business in the nation dedicated to serving their unique health and well-being needs. Up for the challenge of a lifetime? Join a team of the best and the brightest to find bold new ways to proactively improve the health and quality of life of these 9 million customers. You'll find a wealth of dynamic opportunities to grow and develop as we work together to heal and strengthen our health care system. Ready? It's time to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.