MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
The General Manager is responsible for overall operations within the US business unit including manufacturing, distribution, and corporate functions across facilities in New Jersey and California.
Global leader in specialty products for consumer goods manufacturing
The General Manager is responsible for driving business performance and strategies for the sites including production delivery, quality, cost, and safety initiatives. The General Manager will ensure a safe work environment that produces quality products to the Sales/Operations Plans. The role includes developing and monitoring Key Performance Indicators, staffing requirements, annual budgets, implementation of New Product launches, and manufacturing strategies. Ensuring production schedules are met to fulfill forecasted market demand and manufacturing/production costs are minimized through effective utilization of resources, equipment, facilities, and materials.
- Monitoring daily operation schedules for all departments for accuracy and ensuring daily operational goals are realized
- Develop a thorough understanding of process flow and key controls.
- Provide strategic guidance to the organization through participation in cross-functional meetings and data analysis on sales trends and cost performance.
- Implement key performance indicators of operations including quality, service, safety, and cost. Share operations goals and guidelines for achieving the goals with executive leadership
- Participate in new product development and planning by researching the cost and ability to produce the product
- Communicate new product production plans to Team Leaders and participate in the implementation of the new product's production
- Develop operations annual budget by analyzing spending and allocation of resources
- Bachelors degree in Engineering, Manufacturing, Business, or equivalent industry experience required. Master's Degree in a Business or Engineering related field preferred.
- Packaging, consumer goods, or paper products manufacturing preferred
- Minimum of 5-7 years relevant management experience in a high volume manufacturing environment, with a quantifiable record of achievement in the development and execution of strategic and tactical programs that consistently meets objectives.
- Strong financial management experience with budgeting responsibility.
- Strong problem solving skills to develop solutions to complex and multi-disciplined issues.
- Ability to lead in a fast paced environment and work collaboratively with all functional support areas i.e. HR, Finance, Strategic Sourcing, EHS, IT, Sales, etc.
Excellent salary and benefits package plus annual bonus potential