About KIPP New Jersey
KIPP New Jersey is part of the nationally recognized "Knowledge Is Power Program" network of free, open-enrollment, college-preparatory public schools dedicated to preparing students for success in college and in life. In 2002, KIPP New Jersey first opened its doors in Newark's South Ward as a single class of 80 fifth graders and has since grown to educate 7,035 students in grades K-12 across 15 schools in Newark and Camden. More than 90% of KIPP New Jersey students currently qualify for free or reduced meals.
By 2025, KIPP New Jersey will have fifteen schools in Newark and five in Camden providing a world-class education to over 10,300 students. To learn more, visit www.kippnj.org.
We're growing! We are looking for 9th and 10th grade teachers for our founding school!
Here's what you need to know:
We're looking for teachers for the 2021-22 school year! Our high school is seeking awe-inspiring teachers to guide our students as they climb the mountain to college and beyond. Our teachers are dynamic leaders both in and outside of their classroom. They love students, working with families and the community they serve.
High School Lead Teacher
KIPP New Jersey is looking for a motivated teacher with a track record of molding future leaders in our communities. You are passionate about education and understand the importance of building strong relationships in generating student achievement. You are dedicated to going above and beyond to ensure our students succeed.
We are seeking experts in the following content areas:
- English Language Arts
- Foreign Language
- Special Education
Here's what you'll be doing:
Joining our schools as a teacher comes with a lot of growth opportunities, but with great power comes great responsibility. Your role as a teacher will involve a number of responsibilities which will include but are not limited to:
- Create, internalize, modify and prepare lesson plans in accordance with academic curriculum, working closely with the grade level team
- Use data to responsively teach to mastery of academic skills
- Work closely with students, families and colleagues to create an environment that is supportive of student progress
- Reinforce a firm foundation for all classes and uphold classroom management techniques
- Help with diagnostic and progress monitoring testing across the school
- Monitor student progress and adjust teaching strategies to ensure all students meet the learning objectives
- Update student performance trackers and use data to help guide your lesson plans
- Participate in school, departmental and parent meetings
- Participate in school events, activities and programs both during and outside of regular class instruction hours.
- A belief in every student's limitless potential
- A Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university required (Official transcripts showing degree conferred are required prior to the starting date of employment)
- A minimum cumulative GPA of at least 3.0 if graduation date is after 2016 or minimum cumulative GPA of 2.75 if degree conferred before 2016
- Appropriate state teaching certification completed or in process of being completed.
- Subject matter expertise
- A minimum of two years of teaching experience, with demonstrated interest in working with students from diverse economic and cultural backgrounds
- A track record of success in the classroom
- A collaborative attitude towards teaching and learning
- This job requires the individual to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, absent a legally required accommodation, pursuant to a New Jersey Executive Order and federal and state guidance
Compensation & Benefits
In addition to a competitive salary, KIPP NJ offers a full comprehensive benefits plan, including health care, retirement, an optional subsidized wireless plan through Verizon, a school laptop and transportation benefits for TEAMmates commuting into New Jersey from the Philadelphia area.
KIPP NJ offers competitive salaries to newly hired lead teachers. Salaries are based on prior experience and in accordance with certification requirements. KIPP NJ offers a competitive salary range of $59,000-$99,000 for teacher positions with additional opportunities for earning up to $7,000 annually in performance-based pay.
KIPP New Jersey / KIPP Miami is an equal opportunity employer.