With 90,000 people on five continents, SUEZ is a world leader in smart and sustainable resource management. We provide water and waste management solutions that enable cities and industries optimize their resource management and strengthen their environmental and economic performances.
As the Manager of the SG&A & functional cost Financial Planning & Analysis group you will work closely with the functional leaders of WTS to build annual budgets, monitor monthly results and work on strategic initiatives to optimize financial performance. You will lead a team of 4 Analysts based in the US and India and report to the Global FP&A leader. This role requires strong analytical and judgment skills, operational-driven mindset in addition to experience working with large sets of data. You will interface with several finance leaders and functions, among which Human Resources, IT, Finance, Marketing, Commercial, Legal, Technology and Supply Chain to coordinate the forecasting and reporting processes and assess the cost-benefit impact of investment and expense decisions. You will analyze and assess transaction-level details and summarize results to identify trends, risks, and opportunities. This role has visibility within the global finance team, offers a steep learning curve and has potential for growth among WTS and the broader Group Finance community. This role also provides an exciting opportunity to learn about and participate in the core strategies the finance team is implementing to drive global data visibility, standardize the budgeting process, and enable consistent analysis of key information to support important business decisions. This role will partner with the Tableau Center of Excellence (COE) to assist various departments with Tableau reports and dashboards. This role requires a solid understanding of financial concepts and systems, as well as strong interpersonal skills. Experience in finance modelling and familiarity with SAP or similar systems and tools are a plus.
• Play key role in driving the annual budgeting process for all global business functions & SG&A components - including staffing levels, expense projections, and investment decisions.
• Organize and lead the HQ/SG&A FP&A team, allocate workload efficiently and develop talents
• Update current quarter and current year forecasting outlooks each month. Work closely with functional & business leaders to build and report revised projections.
• Provide detailed analysis by function of monthly variations to Budget and to Prior year, partnering with the Compensation and Benefit Analysts and with the Indirect Procurement team.
• Participate in monthly financial closing activities for the headquarter's functions and businesses SG&A components including coordinating the flow of journal entries and accruals to the controllership team
• Maintain monthly reporting tools to provide functional leaders with clear visibility to ongoing performance vs. budgeted targets.
• Contribute to the cost optimization and transformation plan by updating and checking the savings in the global tracking tool
• Review, analyze, and approve purchase orders for major investment and expense items. Ensure purchases are in line with budgets.
• Lead global projects to further simplify, automate, and improve reporting cycles and processes and cross-functional initiatives.
• Interface with functional leaders and their teams throughout the month to present updates of their performance and identify improvement areas and opportunities.
• Contribute to the development of the Tableau COE as a subject matter expert
• Work with various teams to create custom Tableau dashboards in order to streamline analysis
• Update and maintain existing dashboards and workbooks. Build queries, LODs, and dashboard logic.
• Bachelor degree in finance, accounting, economics, or equivalent experience. 5+ years of work experience with demonstrated increases in levels of responsibility.
• Solid grasp of core financial concepts. Ability to understand and execute accounting transactions.
• Demonstrated experience working with ERP systems and reporting & analysis tools.
• Business Intelligence tool experience (creating/publishing reports, dashboards); Tableau preferred
• Strong Microsoft Excel skills. Should have solid experience working with pivot tables, look-up functions, and charting tools.
• Ability to interface effectively with senior business leaders. Capability to translate complex financial sets of data into meaningful analysis and explanations. Experience communicating forecasts, analysis, and variance explanations.
• Flexibility to work across multiple time-zones during fast-paced, compact-closing cycles.
• Strong organization skills. Able to manage multiple projects and priorities simultaneously.
• Strong communications skills.
• Demonstrated ability to analyze processes, identify opportunities, and execute improvement projects.
• Strong managerial skills, capacity to organize and lead a team of experienced Finance professionals
• SQL experience is a plus