Important Note: During the application process, ensure your contact information (email and phone number) is up to date and upload your current resume when submitting your application for consideration. To participate in some selection activities you will need to respond to an invitation. The invitation can be sent by both email and text message. In order to receive text message invitations, your profile must include a mobile phone number designated as 'Personal Cell' or 'Cellular' in the contact information of your application.
At Wells Fargo, we are looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. We are seeking candidates who embrace diversity, equity and inclusion in a workplace where everyone feels valued and inspired.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Finance brings together enterprise functions that drive Wells Fargo's financial management, including accounting and control, financial planning and analysis, line of business finance, asset-liability management, treasury, tax management, and the company's investment portfolios. They also inform shareholders, regulators, taxing authorities, employees, and leaders of the company's financial performance through earnings releases, investor meetings and conferences, and meetings with regulators and credit rating agencies, following appropriate reporting guidelines.
Lead consultant to Business Lines/enterprise functions on matters related to financial analysis and reporting, forecasting analysis of key financial metrics, as well as other financial consulting related to business performance, operating and strategic reviews. Develops strategies and makes recommendations for forward financial planning. Identifies opportunities for improved methodologies/framework for delivering key forecasting projections as well as management financial reporting, balance sheet analysis as well as stress testing and resolution planning scenarios for major business units. Establishes and maintains effective & efficient reporting delivery that meets brand standards and internal control standards. Leads implementation of most complex projects/initiatives impacting multiple lines of business or across the enterprise. Understands compliance and risk management requirements for supported area and works with other stakeholders to implement key risk initiatives. May interface with external agencies, regulatory bodies and/or industry forums. May act as a team lead in providing work guidance or mentorship to other employees.
Roles & Responsibilities:
• Leverage available data sources to provide an informed estimate of Cards, Retail and Merchant Services origination market size
• Manage the development of the monthly forecast by communicating guidelines and timelines, monitoring progress, and analyzing results for appropriateness
• Review balance sheet forecast and monitor monthly performance
• Provide written variance explanations of actual performance against forecast and plan, and quarter-over-quarter and year-over-year variances
• Further develop the metrics database to improve financial reporting efficiency and accuracy
• Maintain documentation and controls over existing models, EUCTs, and processes
• Manage business reviews across the Cards, Retail and Merchant Services teams and CLG FP & A
• Support central functions such as Business Continuity Planning and other areas as a consolidation point
- 7+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: finance, accounting, analytics or reporting
- A BS/BA degree or higher in one or a combination of the following: Finance, Accounting, Analytics, or Reporting
- Ability to manage effectively in a matrixed organization
- Knowledge and understanding of Essbase Finance tools for client reporting and analysis
- Advanced Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook) skills
- Tableau experience
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
Other Desired Qualifications
• Strong collaboration and communication with senior leaders
• Ability to quickly adapt to changing priorities and deadlines, prioritize work flow and take on new challenges
• Making sound, well-informed, and timely decisions
• Ability to take on a high level of responsibility, initiative, and accountability
• Track record of driving process design or improvement
• Self-starter with exceptional critical thinking skills combined with a strategic business focus
• Ability to credibly challenge status quo
DE-Wilmington: 2200 Concord Pike - Wilmington, DE
IA-West Des Moines: 7001 Westown Pkwy - West Des Moines, IA
NC-Charlotte: 11625 N Community House Road - Charlotte, NC
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
Visit https://www.wellsfargo.com/about/careers/benefits for benefits information.