ESIS recognizes each risk management program is unique, and we are committed to providing consultative and innovative solutions to drive superior results for your program. Our culture and vision enable us to effectively operate as an extension of your risk management program, aligning combined goals to form a collaborative partnership.
We recognize our clients’ desire to do things differently, and we are confident that our integrated approach will deliver better overall results for your program. ESIS’ specialized claim intervention strategy integrates an effective deployment of resources and appropriate actions, which are essential to your program’s success
ESIS, Inc. (ESIS) provides sophisticated risk management services designed to reduce claims frequency and loss costs. ESIS, the Risk Management Services Company of Chubb, provides claims, risk control & loss information systems to Fortune 1000 accounts. ESIS employs more than 1,500 professionals in nine regional centers and 15 major claims offices, as well as local representatives in select jurisdictions. We take our fiduciary responsibilities seriously and are proud to manage over $2.5 billion of customer losses and over 320,000 new claims annually. We specialize in large accounts which have multi-state operations. For information regarding ESIS please visit www.esis.com.
ESIS is seeking an experienced Auto, General & Liability (AGL) Claims representative for the Wilmington, DE office. The person in this role will handle and maintain all AGL claims and file reviews under the general supervision of a supervisor and as part of the ESIS team.
Under the direction of the Claims Team Leader investigates and settles claims promptly, equitably, and within established best practices guidelines.
MAJOR DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Under limited supervision, receives assignments and reviews claim and policy information to provide background for investigation and may determine the extent of the policy’s obligation to the insured depending on the line of business.
- Contacts, interviews, and obtains statements (recorded or in-person) from insureds, claimants, witnesses, physicians, attorneys, police officers, etc. to secure necessary claim information.
- Depending on the line of business, may inspect and appraise damage for property losses or arrange for such appraisal.
- Evaluate facts supplied by investigation to determine the extent of liability of the insured, if any, and extend the company’s obligation to the insured under the policy contract.
- Prepares reports on investigation, settlements, denials of claims, individual evaluation of involved parties, etc.
- Sets reserves within authority limits and recommends reserve changes to Team Leader.
- Reviews progress and status of claims with Team Leader and discusses problems and suggested remedial actions.
- Prepares and submits to Team Leader unusual or possible undesirable exposures.
- Assists Team Leader in developing methods and improvements for handling claims.
- Settles claims promptly and equitably.
- Obtains releases, proofs of loss, or compensation agreements and issues company drafts in payments for claims.
- Informs claimants, insureds/customers, or attorney of denial of claim when applicable.
- High level of technical claims knowledge and competence as evidenced by a minimum of 5 years claims handling experience in the specific line of business (Auto & General Liability). Experience within a TPA environment is strongly preferred. DE, PA, NY licenses preferred.
- Thorough knowledge of ESIS products, services, and coverages; along with a good understanding of applicable legal principles.
- Ability to plan, organize and implement general business and personnel management practices as evidenced by successful completion of management and technical programs, completion of the college-level curriculum, or equivalent related practical work experience.
- Knowledge of auto liability cost containment programs and proven account management skills are a must.
- Ability to lead change by addressing points of resistance at the team and/or individual level. The ability to independently evaluate and implement claims management Best practices.
- Demonstrates an understanding of team building theory and the techniques of continuous quality improvement and how they apply to ongoing activities.
- Strong leadership skills including the ability to coach, develop and lead team members towards the successful attainment of goals and objectives
- Excellent communication, negotiation, and interpersonal skills to effectively interact with all levels of an organization both internal and external.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving ability.
- Demonstrated ability to provide consistently superior service to customers.
Chubb offers a competitive compensation package and comprehensive benefits package including life, health and dental, vision, a generous retirement savings plan, disability coverage, stock purchase plan, flexible spending accounts, tuition reimbursement, and business casual dress. At Chubb, we are committed to equal employment opportunity and compliance with all laws and regulations about it. Our policy is to provide employment, training, compensation, promotion, and other conditions or opportunities of employment, without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, transgender, national origin, disability, genetic information, veteran or marital status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
For additional information about Chubb or its services, please visit our website at http://chubb.com/careers
To be considered an applicant for employment with Chubb, all applicants must go to Chubb’s Careers website to apply for the position(s) of interest and complete an online application. If you do not complete the online application, you will not be considered an applicant in accordance with Chubb’s policy.