Belmont Behavioral Health System is a premiere provider of comprehensive treatment for mental health conditions and substance abuse problems. Having been in operation for over 75 years as one of the most prominent providers of behavioral healthcare treatment services, Belmont is proud to offer high quality and specialized programming options for children, adolescents, adults, and older adults who are suffering from psychiatric concerns and chemical dependency.
We are currently seeking a Instructional Assistant at Belmont Behavioral Health System (The Aspen Academy School).
- Actively participate in a collaborate professional learning community
- Attend all required professional development
- Maintain valid certifications and licensure as required by the Pennsylvania Department of Education (PDE)
- Support Classroom Teacher in the implementation of whole group, small group or 1:1 instruction
- Support and help manage the use of technology in the classroom
- Provide classroom management support for the Classroom Teacher at all times
- Always actively monitor and supervise students in and out of the classroom
- Transition students from one learning space to another
- Actively monitor behavioral progress of each student within your class cohort
- Reinforce material already introduced by the teacher to the class.
- Provide educational assistance to students (as appropriate) on a small group or 1:1 basis
- Completes tasks assigned by teacher pertaining to classroom environment, educational materials, and other operational functions in the classroom, i.e. researching materials, phone calls, point sheet tabulation, etc.
- Be an active and supporting member of any identified students’ IEP team by adhering to the guidelines provided by school administrator and in accordance with state/federal regulations.
- Help manage student behavior through individualized motivational systems in the classroom as well as supporting the school-wide positive behavior support system.
- Be versed and able to implement trauma-informed care strategies in the learning environment to minimize disruption and harm
- Serve as the substitute teacher in the absence of the Classroom Teacher and implement lesson plans with fidelity and track daily attendance
- Complete any additional assigned tasks and documentation as required by the school administrator
The ideal candidate will:
- Bachelor’s level degree in Education or other related degree in Human Services.
- Certification in Education or Special Education is preferred, but not required.
- Prior experience working with children and/or adolescents with behavioral health challenges within a school setting is highly desirable.