Title: Education Managing Director of Retention
Reports to: VP of Sales
Location: Remote - Anywhere in US
The major function of the Managing Director of Retention role is leading a retention team of Education Success Partners (ESP) serving Education K-12 clients. Success in the role includes retaining clients at a world-class rate of 95% and winning add-on services that accelerate revenue growth, in addition to ongoing coaching and mentoring of ESP's. The Retention MD will be expected to create a positive culture in a performance environment. This is a Senior Leadership role that requires strong business experience and maturity. Through training, this individual will acquire expertise on Franklin Covey offerings with a key focus on the Leader in Me. To learn more please visit www.theleaderinme.org.
Essential Job Functions
- Supports and leads company strategy with mindset of leadership team member (as opposed to individual contributor mindset).
- Models' company values of recognizing the whole person, believing and modeling the principles that we teach, achieving lasting client impact, and committing to meaningful growth as an individual and as an organization
- Creates a culture of trust in direct team, amongst Area team, and with global partners.
- Builds a culture of collaboration across all partners in the field-CPs and ESPs, Coaches, Consultants, CECs.
- Has executive presence-written and verbal, with clients and internally.
- Fulfills hiring expectations in alignment with company strategy and actively participates in onboarding.
- Sets expectations and manages to them by unleashing talent, coaching, development, celebration, and performance management.
- Builds bottom-up accountability, both for independent production and interdependent contribution.
- Maintains focus on WIGs utilizing 4Dx and lead measures.
- Drives add-on sales with existing clients through enabling the team to position relevant services and materials to meet the client's needs.
- Utilizes call plans, Opportunity Plans, Decision Grids, and coaches using HCS methodology.
- Drives effective use of event allocation: pre-calls, onsite maximization, follow up.
- Develops a culture of relationships and results that drive customer loyalty.
- Lead weekly and 1:1 calls with the team to mentor and drive outcomes.
Understands the SaaS Business model and how to manage their business, builds ESP forecasting skills.
- Knows and coaches around next steps on every deal.
- Uses judgment and provides detail around team forecast in their own words.
- Fulfills written and verbal reporting requirements with quality and according to deadlines.
This position requires a strong track record of 10+ years of senior leadership. Demonstrated leadership in the retention space is a plus. Education K-12 leadership experience is a plus. Bachelor's degree requires, Master's degree preferred. Strong evidence of problem solving and systems thinking. Exceptional interpersonal and verbal communication skills required and experience with Saleforce.com preferred. Must be a motivated leader with strong work ethic, leadership, and people development competencies with ability to work in a fast-paced growth environment. Strongly prefer knowledge and experience in the professional services environment.
Franklin Covey Co. (NYSE: FC) is a global, public company, specializing in organizational performance improvement. We help organizations achieve results that require lasting changes in human behavior. Our world-class solutions enable greatness in individuals, teams and organizations and are accessible through the FranklinCovey All Access Pass® available in multiple modalities and in 21 languages. Clients have included the Fortune 100, Fortune 500, thousands of small- and mid-sized businesses, numerous government entities, and educational institutions. FranklinCovey executes over 15,000 client engagements each year reaching into 160 countries and territories. Our mission statement is "We enable greatness in people and organizations everywhere". We fulfill this mission by hiring "Achievers with Heart".
Visit our website at www.franklincovey.com for more information regarding our organization.
FranklinCovey is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Please click here for additional information regarding our Equal Employment Opportunity policies.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job by emailing us at Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.