Become a Part of the NIKE, Inc. Team
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the worlds best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At NIKE, Inc. its about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
The NIKE, Inc. Supply Chain team is the engine that propels product around the world. Supply Chain experts ensure that every year, almost a billion units of footwear, apparel and equipment arrive at the right place, at the right time. To ensure this complex job goes off without a hitch, Supply Chain teams work with a network of more than 50 distribution centers, thousands of accounts, and more than 100,000 retail stores worldwide making the impossible happen every single day.
The E-Commerce Transportation Operations Analyst will implement process improvements at a site level by improving timely shipping and delivery performance for Nike Digital consumers and customers. This role works with management, internal/ external customers, Distribution Centers, and Nike Digital Marketplace OPS. This role will be domiciled on site at the ConnECt Nike DC in Bethlehem Pennsylvania represent Last Mile Transportation on cross-functional teams, supplying process flow mapping, data analysis, impact assessment, and presentations in support of projects and departmental goals. This role plays a major role in Digital Peak season including carrier capacity planning, forecasting and performance reporting. It will be responsible for planning and implementing an outbound parcel shipment plan for both national and regional Logistics Service Providers (LSPs).You will work with the E-Commerce Transportation Manager to analyze performance data for driving key decisions around service, operations and overall logistics. This role will assist in facilitation and support of continuous improvement processes to focus on making the operations more effective and flexible.
This role will work closely with the Transportation Operation and DC Operation teams to plan, develop and coordinate movement of product from distribution facilities to Digital consumers, Nikes Retail stores and wholesale customer doors. Additionally, this role will interact with the Regional Transportation Teams to provide day-to-day operational support for customer delivery activities and related communication among internal and external partners and (LSP's) in respective regions. This role will work with Omnichannel Transportation on strategy for consumer-focused initiatives and work closely with LSP Management on business reviews evaluating performance against service level agreements. This team will partner closely with the Market Place Operations (MPO) Digital team to build flex capacity solutions to meet and exceed consumer and customer demand. Lastly, this role will be tasked with seeking out, introducing and applying industry 'standard methodologies' with a focus on efficiency and sustainability.
- Support the execution/operationalization of all Digital projects and transportation initiatives with Digital DC's in partnership with Omnichannel Transportation
- Conduct weekly carrier OPS and planning meetings with DC partners and supervise issues and resolution. Participate in digital carrier bi-weekly calls with the Last Mile operations Team
- Coordinates key Digital launches and activities between Digital Marketplace OPS team and Memphis Distribution Center OPS team; manager carrier capacity to prevent consumer delivery delays
- Implement process improvements by using performance metrics between MPO's Digital and Digital DC's teams
- Assist in development and maintenance of Holiday/Peak/non-Peak season operational plans to improve capacity needs and to ensure timely performance
- Proactively communicate opportunities to minimize outbound capacity constraints by improving and supervising carrier trends in key city markets
- Ensure daily carrier performance execution and all requirements are meet for outbound shipping (SLAs, shipping supplies and systems); raise issues to LSP Management for National and Regional carriers; (e.g. contractual and SLAs compliance issues)
- Initiate, develop, and implement continuous improvement activities to improve operating metrics and performance, specifically related to cost, service, and compliance for domestic freight movement (e.g. mode optimization, carrier selection)
- Proactively identify outbound transportation cost savings opportunities (e.g. routing of split shipments, air to ground opportunities, accessorial spend review) and raise to appropriate transportation or cross-functional partner (e.g. DC, MPO)
- Serve as single, day-to-day point of contact for transportation operations at the DC to tackle operational carrier issues
- Develop weekend carrier load plans in conjuncture with allocations/forecast team and DC Operations to ensure smooth flow and no weekend disruptions.
- Become YMS (PINC) expert and ensure trailer yard accuracy and hold carrier accountable to agreed upon trailer pools.
WHAT YOU WILL BRING TO NIKE:
- Bachelors degree in Supply Chain Management, Logistics, Business, Economics or related subject area; orequivalent combination of education and experience and training.
- 5+ years of validated experience in direct support of transportation/Transportation operations in a Retail/E-Commerce supply chain environment
- Validated experience interpreting carrier rates, contracts and tariffs and with experience in the use of distribution strategies such as cross-docking, retail pool and zone skipping/hub bypass
- 1+ year of project management experience with an understanding of project management tools and methodologies
- Travel, 10-15%
- 3+ years transportation planning experience
- 3-5 years experience in supporting customer delivery operations and Direct-to-Consumer online delivery support
- Experience with data blending tools such as Alteryx
- Experience in using VBA, SQL, Tableau in a business environment
- Experience with EDI Integration with carriers
- Experience working as a Financial Analyst or Transportation Analyst with a US retailer or major 3PL or carrier
- Work related experience with operations and freight terms in key modes of outbound transportation such as small package, full truckload and LTL as well as experience in network design or transportation modeling using tools such as Transplace
Nike requires all applicants for this position to be vaccinated for COVID-19 as a condition of hire, unless otherwise required by law. As an equal opportunity employer, Nike will make accommodations to individuals who cannot be vaccinated in accordance with applicable law.
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.