Do you aspire to enhance the lives of others while enjoying a positive work environment?
Wesley Enhanced Living (WEL) is dedicated to making a compelling difference in the lives of our residents through providing excellence and innovation in aging services. If you are looking for an inspiring and rewarding workplace, Wesley Enhanced Living is a great place to be!
Wesley Enhanced Living is a retirement community providing Independent Living, Personal Care, and Skilled Nursing services to senior adults. We are seeking individuals whose values align with Wesley Enhanced Living’s values of Grace, Honor, and Integrity. Ideal candidates will be:
- Kind and Compassionate
- Honest and Trustworthy
- Committed to Moral and Ethical Principles
- Driven to Provide Enhanced Living to Our Residents
Wesley Enhanced Living is working to set a new paradigm in aging services by always doing the right thing and we need YOU to help us discover new ways to achieve this goal.
Discover the Art of Living and Working WEL
The Driver (non-CDL) operates large, heavy vans which may be specially equipped for the transportation of physically challenged persons or equipment.
Driver essential duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Ability to operate WEL vehicles that hold up to a maximum of 15 passengers in a safe manner
- Ability to follow established transportation policies and procedures
- Provide basic vehicle maintenance; completes vehicle checklist prior to transporting residents
- Identify and immediately report any operational problems or unsafe conditions to Supervisor
- Maintain the cleanliness of each vehicles’ interior and exterior
- Follow a daily transportation assignment in a timely manner
- Maintain daily trip and mileage documentation log
- Provide assistance to independent, wheelchair bound and physically challenged passengers boarding and departing a vehicle
- Assume responsibility for the safety of all passengers using the transportation service
- Report to supervisor any concerns or changes in a resident’s demonstrated ability to safely use the transportation service
- Perform local errands as requested by administration, maintenance, activities, etc.
- Work with Enhanced Living team members assisting with the transportation of residents on local and long distant trips
- Consistently present a professional appearance
- Orient new co-workers to the functions of Van Driver
- Maintain the confidentiality required by the position
- Work various hours as necessary
Related Experience: Minimum 5 years of experience preferred
Education or Degree Requirements: High School Graduate or GED equivalent. Ability to read, write, and understand English. Requires a basic education to understand and follow standard practice and oral instructions
Licenses, Certifications, Registrations: Possession of a valid, Pennsylvania State driver's license. (Clean license for 2 years)
A Drug-Free Workplace . Equal Opportunity Employer