With operations in 35+ nations and ~27,000 employees worldwide, CSL is driven to develop and deliver a broad range of lifesaving therapies to treat disorders such as hemophilia and primary immune deficiencies, and vaccines to prevent influenza. Our therapies are also used in cardiac surgery, organ transplantation and burn treatment.
CSL is the parent company of CSL Behring and Seqirus. CSL Behring is a global leader in the protein biotherapeutics industry, focused on bringing to market biotherapies used to treat serious and often rare conditions. CSL Behring operates CSL Plasma, one of the world's largest collectors of human plasma, which is used to create CSL’s therapies. Seqirus is one of the largest influenza vaccine companies in the world and is a transcontinental partner in pandemic preparedness and a major contributor to the prevention and control of influenza globally.
We invite you to take a look at the many career possibilities available around the globe and consider building your promising future at CSL by becoming a member of our team!
Responsible for development and execution of sourcing strategies for I&T with an annual value of $300M, includes combinations of spending from both Behring and Seqirus business. Business impact is measured in terms of savings as a percentage of spend, this role will be responsible for delivering savings for the combined business. Responsible for stakeholder engagement, the position holder will lead a team of 3 Procurement professionals to ensure continued Service Reliability, Quality Improvements, Supplier Innovation, and Product Safety across CSL’s I&T organization whilst mitigating risk and delivering year on year savings. Responsible for ensuring Procurement is involved at the earliest stages within the procurement lifecycle and involved in new IT investment decisions. Responsible for ensuring that Procurement is involved at the earliest stages within the procurement lifecycle and in new IT investments. This role is expected to interact with senior leaders from I&T organizations and must have the strategic thinking and gravitas to be able to influence. This role will be crucial at providing a robust and comprehensive market assessment for how these external partners can drive innovation, speed, agility, and cost improvements to enable CSL to efficiently scale to our 2030 aspirations.
- Executive Director Professional Services
- 3 Global Category Leads
RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES:
Develop Plans aligned to CSL Global and Procurement Strategy
- Develop and implement Annual and longer plans for relevant categories based on the Procurement Strategy and other relevant business strategies within CSL to ensure clear goals and action plans for Global Category Management Lead roles resulting in the reduction of the total cost of ownership and risk, while increasing innovation, customer service, compliance, and quality.
- Develop strategies and ensure operational excellence across all categories of IT including managed services, hardware, software, telecom, and mobile services.
- Ability to influence and drive year-over-year cost savings while developing innovative strategies to drive CSL to a best-in-class financially managed IT organization.
- Independently develop complex strategies for supplier consolidation, segmentation, and best-in-class supplies management processes for key IT suppliers.
- Influence key stakeholders to drive continuous improvement, reduce waste, and eliminate redundancies across the hardware and software portfolios.
- Be a strategic partner to the IT Organization
Oversee Effective Category Management and Bid Management
- Drive value from a complex array of categories by ensuring that all Global Category Lead have effective category management strategies in place; establish and manage Councils for business-critical commodities aligned with the evolving business requirements to deliver lower cost of ownership, lower risk, higher quality, and better supply performance.
- Lead complex and business-critical negotiations with key suppliers and provide coaching support for sourcing organizations to do the same.
- Ensure CSL Sourcing is committed to conducting business with integrity, per the highest ethical standards, and in compliance with all applicable laws and regulations and anti-bribery requirements and supports diversity and inclusion by promoting utilization of small, disadvantaged, and/or diverse suppliers.
Supplier Relationship Management (SRM)
- Establish and oversee SRM processes with critical, global suppliers, including risk management strategies following global policies and supplier segmentation, to enhance relationships and innovations with a focus on the assurance of supply, quality, service, continuous improvement, and innovation while minimizing costs for CSL and develop processes to measure value above and beyond savings in line with Longer-Term Plans and objectives.
- Implement Global procedures to ensure execution of sourcing activities in compliance with CSL Sourcing Policy, Code of Responsible Business Practices, and all other compliance standards.
Supply Performance Management, including management of Key Performance Indicators
- Oversees, and ensures achievement of Supply Performance KPIs and ensures Category Leads and Managers conduct regular Operational Reviews as per Procurement’s Governance processes with supporting analysis and reporting from the Centre of Excellence.
- Lead, motivate and develop employees within the Procurement organization including effective long-term talent development, succession planning, and performance managing with a focus on supporting employees to meet or exceed performance expectations while demonstrating CSL Values.
Manage Key Internal and External Stakeholders and Partners Relationships
- Build and maintain effective professional relationships with global senior executive internal stakeholders and the most senior executive of major suppliers to deliver on Procurement’s goals through ongoing discussions and participation in formal teams and groups with senior leaders in CSL and external vendors to manage supplier performance, issues, procurement improvement initiatives, and other broader business issues.
- Lead and contribute to complex, global transformation projects and continuous improvement initiatives as needed to ensure the delivery of targeted benefits.
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain Management preferred or related field
- Experience with IT or Telecom is highly preferred
- Postgraduate business degree, MBA highly regarded
- Minimum 15 years experience in strategic sourcing or relevant experience
- Minimum 5 years senior leadership experience, leading a global team
- Deep understanding of the IT categories of Software, Hardware, and Telecom
- Ability to financially model large-scale IT acquisitions and develop appropriate sourcing strategies
- Understanding of the pharmaceutical industry or related industry preferred but not essential
- Incorporates external factors into business strategy
- Empowers One-CSL teams
- Creates an environment of decision making and appropriate risk-taking
- Creates a nimble environment
- Drives the strategy throughout the organization
- Takes proactive steps to secure future talent
Additionally, this role requires other knowledge, skills, and competencies including:
- Strategic orientation, inquisitive, comfortable with ambiguity, and self-motivated to identify trends and improvement opportunities aligned with business objectives and strategic plans.
- Strong executive presence demonstrated leadership and collaboration skills with the ability to build effective relationships and influence peers and key stakeholders.
- Demonstrated strength and ability to organize and lead multiple dynamic and cohesive teams concurrently.
- Deep knowledge of IT architecture, software industry standards, and hardware
- Familiar with cloud-based solutions and have a high acumen for technology negotiations
- Strong project management skills with the ability to plan tasks, assign resources, manage progress, remove barriers, manage change, resolve conflict, build consensus, and motivate team members across multiple projects concurrently.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to tailor messages to the given audience, present information clearly and concisely, apply creative approaches to engage audiences, manage change, resolve conflict, and build consensus.
- Strong Category Management, Strategic Sourcing, and Supplier Relationship Management knowledge
The position also requires the ability to build and maintain strong relationships and collaborate effectively with all levels and cross-functionally within the organization.
- Flexible working hours may be needed due to the global nature of the role.
- Domestic travel as required (10-30%)
- International travel as required (maximum 30%)
Travel requirements will vary depending upon where the incumbent is based.