Juno Search Partners has partnered with a local non-profit organization on their search for a Director of Finance!
The Director of Finance and Administration will be responsible for oversight of key internal business functions, including finance, planning, human resources, grants management, legal, and office administration.
- Responsible for all finance and accounting functions, including preparation of financial statements; monitoring variances to budget; transaction accounting support, including payroll, procurement and bill payment, grants, and investments.
- Manage the annual audit process and 990 filing; prepare and provide all necessary schedules and ensure timely filing, including the Foundation's tax filings.
- Oversee key operations and business functions, including compliance, grants management and human resources to ensure a working environment that is strategically focused, efficient, and conducive to performance excellence.
- Oversee and lead annual budgeting and financial planning process in conjunction with the President/CEO; monitor progress and changes and keep senior leadership apprised of the organization’s financial status; conduct business modeling longer-range financial planning.
- Develop and implement policies, procedures, and all necessary internal controls to manage and mitigate operational and financial risk.
- Maintain and analyze the general ledger, prepare monthly financial statements, and manage organizational cash flow and forecasting.
- Maintain grants and contracts management including proper revenue recognition, monitoring of spending, timely reporting, and coordination with programs and development to ensure execution of grant/contract objectives as it aligns with the organization’s mission.
- Work closely and transparently with all financial, banking, legal, and insurance institutions serving the organization and its Foundation.
- Oversee the financial reviews of grant proposals, including financial analysis of grantee organizations.
- Responsible for compliance with all federal, state, and local regulations and laws and with standard accounting principles, including those that apply to investment matters, grant-making activities, and non-profit institutions.
- Seven to ten years of experience in a leadership role, working with senior-level management team, and related finance and operations experience.
- Undergraduate accounting or finance degree and current/active CPA certification or equivalent combination of education and experience. Master’s degree required; MBA is a plus.
- Experience working in healthcare sector or for a non-profit preferred.
- Deep expertise in finance, accounting, compliance, and control functions. Experience in grant management, contract negotiations, human resources, and other operating functions.
- Understanding of IRS regulations related to Foundations, philanthropic practices, and non-profit law.
- Technologically savvy with experience analyzing and automating workflow processes.
- Demonstrated track record of improving business practices, streamlining workflow, increasing automation, improving control functions, and reducing costs.