Bebashi - Transition to Hope, a multi-purpose health and social services agency, is seeking a strategy-oriented Director of Finance to join our team. We provide culturally sensitive health-related information, direct services, education, research, and technical assistance to reduce and eliminate HIV/AIDS as well as other health disparities, such as breast cancer and hunger, within the urban community of Philadelphia and its vicinity. Our mission is to empower people, especially those in the Black, brown, and LGBTQ+ communities, to enhance the quality of their health and overall wellbeing.
The Director of Finance will play a critical role on our leadership team, and will serve as a thought partner to our Executive Director on long-term strategy. You will be responsible for fiscal planning and operations, which includes accounting, budgeting, medical billing, business planning and administration. This is a key role, not only for keeping our accounting highly organized and leading the Finance Team, but also for setting organization-wide financial strategy and ensuring all program teams are aligned under a common vision. Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to communicate complex financial information to all levels of staff and our Board of Directors, are highly valued. This position is based out of our office at 1235 Spring Garden St in Philadelphia.
- Masters degree required. CPA or MBA with a degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration preferred
- 10+ years of finance and accounting experience.
- Prior experience leading a finance team preferred
- Familiarity with a not-for-profit environment and the associated federal guidelines on budgeting and finance, with the ability to navigate changing laws and regulations
- Prior experience within healthcare or medical billing is a plus
- E xcellent interpersonal communication skills, with the ability to communicate financial information to all levels of staff and management
- The ability to bring different units and program teams under a shared financial vision
- Strong long-term planning ability as Bebashi continues to expand its operations and provide more services
- Enthusiastic commitment to empowering Black, brown, and LGBTQ+ communities