Ballinger is seeking a Designer I and a Designer II to participate on projects of varying sizes in a collaborative atmosphere while working with senior project mentorship. A Designer participates on projects of varying sizes within the healthcare, academic and corporate space in a collaborative atmosphere while working with senior project mentorship.
- Assignments may include working with a team through programming, conceptual design, schematic design, design development, space planning, construction documentation and construction administration activities
- Conduct design related research
- Work with external consultants, products reps and fabricators
- Produce 3D renderings
- Pick up and generate red lines in a documentation set
- Self-starter, able to independently generate design solutions and provide direction to other staff
- Ability to take direction within a larger team
- Develop design or technical solutions under supervision of the Project Architect and/or team
- Working knowledge of Revit, AutoCAD, SketchUp, Enscape or other modeling software applications- for Designer I
- Proficient knowledge of Revit, AutoCAD, SketchUp, Enscape or other modeling software applications- for Designer II
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite applications (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign)
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite applications
- Graphics and visualization skills to effectively communicate design ideas
- Attention to detail
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills
- As a minimum, a Bachelor of Arts or Bachelor of Science Architecture or equivalent
- One to five years' experience- for Designer I
- Three to eight years’ experience- For Designer II
Ballinger’s design culture: We are passionate about complex challenges and real-world problem-solving.
Design challenges come in all shapes and sizes, and the ones we prefer test us as design professionals. We seek out complex projects with big impact because they require us to ask tough questions, synthesize data, and push past the boundaries of existing answers into the realm of innovative solutions. Ballinger employees thrive on those challenges because our clients do, too: our work for them enables their ambitious endeavors in science and medicine, research and government, manufacturing and technology. Ballinger welcomes ambition with career development, mentorship, and leadership opportunities. Here ideas will always be more important than hierarchy because that results in buildings as transformative as the missions they serve.
Ballinger’s way of working: Our interdisciplinary teams collaborate on solutions that require a synthesis of disciplines. We believe integrating architecture, planning, interior design, and engineering is key to achieving excellence in the design of transformative environments. We were one of the first firms to merge the disciplines into a professional practice. At Ballinger, architectural and interior designers work collaboratively and creatively with planners and engineers. Our range of skills, perspectives, and experiences, directed toward a common goal, produces groundbreaking outcomes.
At Ballinger, we understand that our employees work hard but also seek a good work/life balance. We offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package. Interested candidates should submit a cover letter, resume, and portfolio through LinkedIn.
Ballinger’s policy is to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, marital status, citizenship, national origin, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.