About the Organization
Tower Health is a strong, regional, integrated healthcare provider/payer system that offers leading-edge, compassionate healthcare and wellness services to a population of 2.5 million people. Together, our seven hospitals and other entities provide a full range of medical care from prevention, screenings & education; to the latest clinical services and surgeries available; to rehabilitation. We also offer wellness programs & public health services that ensure our communities are the healthiest they can be. Our caring, highly trained physicians and staff are committed to patient safety and patient satisfaction.
With more than 11,000 team members, Tower Health includes Reading Hospital, a teaching hospital based in West Reading; Brandywine Hospital in Coatesville; Chestnut Hill Hospital, a teaching hospital in Philadelphia; Jennersville Hospital in West Grove; Phoenixville Hospital in Phoenixville; Pottstown Hospital in Pottstown; and St. Christopher's Hospital for Children. We also operate Reading Hospital Rehabilitation at Wyomissing & Reading Hospital School of Health Sciences, & we have a comprehensive physician network.
Collaboration across Tower Health enables our hospitals, providers, leadership & staff to leverage best practices across the health system. Our hospitals have received national recognition for advanced care in areas such as neurosurgery and stroke, cardiac & vascular surgery, trauma, hematology & oncology. Reading HealthPlex, which opened at Reading Hospital in October 2016, combines state-of-the-art technology and world-class design to make the HealthPlex one of the most sophisticated surgical centers & inpatient facilities in the region.
At Tower Health, we have a rich history of providing high-quality, cost-effective care in the communities we serve. As the healthcare industry continues to change, one thing remains steadfast: Tower Health's commitment to Advancing Health, Transforming Lives.
• Assisting the dentist during procedures, including passing instruments, getting supplies, and using the suction tube to keep the patient's mouth dry.
• Maintains instrument inventory in operatory areas and controls sterilization of instruments, taking them to the sterile processing department.
• Prepare and set up sedation room.
• Set up operating room before procedure starts and assist dental practitioner.
• Take dental x-rays.
• Other duties assigned by the manager
Skills and Abilities
• Familiar with names and use of dental instruments
• Thorough knowledge of methods of sterilization.
• Accurate knowledge of the techniques for preparing fillings, and other clinical materials.
• Knowledge of performing x-ray procedures.
• Knowledge of proper infection control measurements.
• Demonstrate accountability and professionalism.
- • High school diploma or equivalent
• Graduate of an accredited Dental Assistant Program
• One year in a clinic setting with a Pediatric Dentist
• X-ray Certification
• American Heart Association -BLS