If you are a current employee at Ryder (not a Contractor or temporary employee through a staffing agency), please click here (http://wd5.myworkday.com/ryder/d/task/1422$3.htmld) to log in to Workday to apply using the internal application process. To learn how to apply for a position using the Career worklet, please review this quick reference guide (https://rydersystems.service-now.com/sys\attachment.do?sys\id=a39f83621bd99050632a4223cd4bcb91) .
You are the driving force behind our company.
Start your career with Ryder today!
MOVE YOUR CAREER FORWARD WITH RYDER!
Be a vital player for one of the largest and most recognizable names in Logistics, Transportation, Fleet Maintenance and Supply Chain Services in the World!
The Customer Service Supervisor is responsible to supervise, coordinate and oversee the logistics operations and provide coaching, development and training to the staff members. The successful candidate must be able to provide recommendations for improvements to the facility, equipment, machinery, and processes. They will be accountable that the staff is performing to standard and has to ensure that progress is made to achieve the business objectives.
- Supervise, coordinate and oversee day to day logistics operations;
- Plan and review, in collaboration with the Logistics Manager, all logistics processes, ensuring that they meet the company standards and customer service specifications
- Establish work schedules and procedures and coordinate activities of the workers to ensure optimal shift/team logistics
- Accountable for site Key Performance Indication (KPI)
- Working in collaboration with customer in all aspect of operations
- Meet regularly with team members collectively, as well as on an individual basis to monitor progress towards meeting objectives, track performance, coach and counsel as well as recognizing team and individual successes
- Cultivate team spirit with a Diversity and Inclusion initiative and promote cooperation by seeking opportunities to improve internal processes
- Carry out performance evaluations of the team members and recommend performance awards and/or merit increases when appropriate
- Address performance problems through corrective action and disciplinary process
- Understand labor agreement and maintain positive labor relations with all employees
- Responsible for implementation of health & safety and security initiatives, practices and behaviors and adherence to company rules and policies
- Provide appropriate orientation for employees and Lead Hands and give them the information, technology and any material necessary to perform their jobs
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Skills and Abilities
- Instills commitment to organizational goals
- Strong planning skills
- Results oriented
- Effective leadership skills
- Motivating skills
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Diverse team environment
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Possesses a high degree of initiative
- Ability to create and maintain professional relationships within all levels of the organization (peers, work groups, customers, supervisors)
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team
- Flexibility to operate and self-driven to excel in a fast-paced environment
- Capable of multi-tasking, highly organized, with excellent time management skills
- Detail oriented with excellent follow-up practices
- College degree/Technical Certification required in Business, Logistics, Transportation or a related field. Combination of other education and experiences will be considered
- Three (3) years or more supervisory position experience in a warehouse environment or in Transportation required
- Three (3) years or more experience in monitoring, evaluating and rewarding employee performance required
- Three (3) years or more experience in performance management taking into account progressive discipline required
- Three (3) years or more experience preparing and conducting meetings (H&S and Employee committee) required
- Three (3) years or more experience investigating and reporting workplace accidents and incidents required
DOT Regulated: No
In addition to a comprehensive benefit package, a 401(K) Savings Plan with a company match, discounted stock purchase options, performance-based annual cost of living increases and we are proud to offer:
- Comprehensive training and the ability to continue your professional development
- Regional and local Ryder resources to help guide and support as we grow this offering.
- The stability and peace-of-mind that comes with working for a World-Class, Fortune 500 organization that has been in business for over 85 years with over 40,000 employees worldwide.
We are seeking the best and most promising candidates to provide creativity, agility and superior customer service that will exceed our Customer’s expectation. The ability to embrace and utilize Technology as part of your daily routine is crucial. In addition, YOU are the management and professional representative of the Ryder organization.
If you possess a strong work ethic and a burning desire to succeed and grow your career, and your work experience and/or education aligns with the Requirements and Responsibilities listed below, please APPLY NOW!!
\#INDexempt #FB #LI-post
Job Category: Logistics
Ryder is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.