At Orkin, our purpose is to help protect the world where we live, work, and play.
Our Customer Service Specialists are committed to this purpose.
Our Customer Service Specialists are full-time with benefits, fully paid training, competitive wages and the opportunity for career growth. At Orkin, we provide the most accurate, comprehensive, and efficient pest management services for both residential and commercial customers. This position is ideal for the candidate that wants to be a part of a rock-solid company providing a valuable service to our customers while growing your career!
The Successful Customer Service Specialist Will . . .
Demonstrate a strong work ethic and capacity to handle high work volume in a great teamwork environment and:
- Contact customers to schedule and confirm service appointments
- Schedule appointments for technicians to minimize drive time and/or distance as needed, and suggest alternative routes when appropriate
- Schedule & communicate with Service Technicians to meet customer requirements
- Perform outbound calls to customers to follow-up on service received
- Perform outbound calls to customers regarding outstanding account balances
- Receive payments from past due customers
- Proficiently navigate a Windows-based & Web-based system to track routes and optimize current & future schedules
- Reschedule unserviced accounts within 24 hours
- Answer inbound customer service calls with an open, friendly greeting
- Utilize strong listening skills and probing questions to identify the customer’s concern and evaluate their needs
- Use strong communication skills to communicate/empathize with customers
- Work well within a team
- Participate in quality assurance processes/programs/initiatives as requested
If you are organized, efficient, accurate and accountable with a strong ability to multi-task, then consider this key role as a part of the branch team!
- Competitive hourly pay
- Comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, maternity & life insurance
- 401(k) plan with company match, employee stock purchase plan
- Paid vacation, holidays, and sick leave
- Employee discounts, tuition reimbursement, dependent scholarship awards
- Quality, comprehensive training programs
- Founded in 1901, Orkin is a global residential and business service provider who provides the most accurate, comprehensive, and efficient pest management services for both residential and commercial customers
- As the industry leader, we value PEOPLE, PROGRESS and PROFESSIONALISM
- The Pest Management Industry is growing – and is a recession resistant line of business
- Orkin is financially stable and growing as the largest subsidiary of Rollins, Inc., (NYSE: ROL), headquartered in Atlanta, GA
Are you ready to take your CAREER to the next level?
Requirements: We require the ability to pass a drug screen. Candidates must meet the job requirements and perform job duties with or without accommodations.
Keywords: customer service, office, administrative assistant, representative, data entry, customer retention, self-starter, communication, scheduler, accounts payable, accounts receivable
- 2 year(s): Proven customer service experience
- 1 year(s): Proficiency in MS Outlook, Word and Excel
- 3 - 4 years: Scheduling or dispatch experience in a service industry
- High School/GED or better
- Bachelors or better
- Some college or better
- Problem Solving Ability
- Influencing Others
- Customer Service
- Customer Focus
- Detail Oriented: Capable of carrying out a given task with all details necessary to get the task done well
- Dedicated: Devoted to a task or purpose with loyalty or integrity
- Financial: Inspired to perform well by monetary reimbursement
- Goal Completion: Inspired to perform well by the completion of tasks
- Self-Starter: Inspired to perform without outside help
- Ability to Make an Impact: Inspired to perform well by the ability to contribute to the success of a project or the organization
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)