Cosmetic Tattoo Artist Job Description
We are looking for a talented, dynamic, friendly, outgoing, career oriented, proficient and highly skilled permanent makeup artist/technician with 1 plus years experience to join our team. Candidate must have a complete knowledge of the permanent makeup industry and full skill set. This individual must be passionate about his/her work, always strive for perfection, and have a strong desire to constantly learn and improve their technique. MUST provide photos of permanent makeup work or you will not be considered. Existing clientele is a plus and/or networking skills to generate new clients.
- Consult with clients before treatment to ensure their needs are being met and that they are a good candidate
- Determine the correct material and application according to skin tone and pigments
- Understanding of sanitation and sterilization standards
- Proudly promote work on social media
- Initiates self-learning and is comfortable with educating clients on procedure and services offered
- Stellar knowledge of industry trends & a high level of expertise in permanent makeup services
- Maintain constant communication with co-workers.
- Update customer account with notes of services performed.
- Ensure cleanliness of room at beginning, during, & at end of shift.
- Sell & educate clients on pertinent product line during/following their service.
- Arrive at least fifteen (15) minutes prior to first scheduled appointment to prepare room and review client list for the day.
- Consult daily checklist during down time.
- Be available for any team meetings that are regularly scheduled on a monthly basis.
- Perform reception when scheduled.
- Proven 1 plus years of experience as a permanent makeup artist in Ombre Brows (Microshading/Powder Brows) Microblading, Hybrid Brows, Brow Mapping.
- Experience in semi-permanent eyeliner and lip blush is a plus but not required
- Knowledge of permanent makeup techniques
- Experience working with different skin types
- Must have permanent makeup artist certificate/license
- Must be able to provide a strong portfolio of before, after, and healed brows work
- Must have valid Bloodborne Pathogen Certification
- Understanding of health and safety rules
- Great communication and interpersonal skills
- Artistic personality and manual dexterity
- Attention to detail
- Patient with a positive attitude
- Provide social media link of your permanent makeup work
Hours of Employment
Hours will be discussed and agreed upon. You will be responsible for appointments booked during scheduled times & should ensure time is kept open in case of last minute appointment bookings. Logins will be created that will enable you to review your schedule remotely. Should you require a change to scheduled day, notification should be made as soon as possible. Additional hours should be made available to accommodate clients. Company will make best effort to customize a schedule for you and fill all available time slots through discounted services if necessary.
- You are paid on a service commission while scheduled for shifts.
- Commission rate is 48% of the revenue of service performed (after any special/discount).
- Bonuses & monthly goal incentives will also be discussed prior to their implementation.
- You will be paid $15/HR for any reception or cleaning shifts.