Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that is improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation is not about another gadget; it is about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There is no room for error. If you are looking for a better place to use your passion and your desire to drive change, this is the place to be. It's an opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Talk about meaningful work. Talk about an important role. Let's talk about your next career move. Due to our expanding business, UnitedHealth Group is seeking a Clinical Administrative Coordinator who shares our passion for helping others live healthier lives. As one of the world's leading health care companies, UnitedHealth Group is pursuing innovative new ways to improve on our ability to deliver high-quality programs and services to our patients wherever they live. Bring your skills and talents to a role where you'll have the opportunity to make an impact.
As part of our Care Coordination Team, you will be a key stakeholder in supporting our members and community partners. Your primary role will be supporting our clinical team to ensure they have the information they need to successfully support our members as well as supporting our quality department with document reviews.
If you are located within Utah you will have the flexibility to telecommute* as you take on some tough challenges.
- Manage department phone line to assist with coordination of care for members
- Support the enrolled members / beneficiaries of our community partners
- Collaborating with our PCP Network, physician offices and hospital facilities within OptumCare-Utah Network
- Assist with requesting and uploading clinical documents
- Auditing documents received for quality
- Support mail resource process to members as identified by medical management staff
- Assist with referrals / calls received by the Care Coordination Team
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- HS Diploma or GED
- 1+ years of customer service experience analyzing and solving customer problems with great communications skills
- Experience working within the healthcare industry
- Professional experience in a clerical or administrative support related role
- Working knowledge of medical terminology to communicate with members / beneficiaries and providers
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential requirement of this role. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination prior to employment to ensure compliance
- College/undergraduate education
- Medical Assistant (MA) certification
- Experience working with Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services, especially Medicare and Medicare Advantage programs
- Knowledge of community resources
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies now require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles require full COVID-19 vaccination as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected bylower 48 law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Clinical Admin Coordinator, Telecommute, Customer Service, Healthcare, Clerical, Administrative, Medical Assistant, Medicare, Medicaid, WFH, Work From Home, WAH, Work At Home, Draper, UT, Utah