Come see why Wesley Enhanced Living is Ranked #4 in the Nation as a Best Workplace in our industry!
At Wesley Enhanced Living (WEL) our employees love what they do because we have created an environment of possibilities to help them learn, grow, and have the opportunity to make an impact each and every day. You cannot realize your full potential without an organization that makes your growth a priority. This is why we need strong leaders like you!
Now is the time to join our team and continue your journey with an organization that will support your efforts and reward your accomplishments. WEL is ranked #4 in the nation on the 2021 Fortune Best Workplaces in Aging Services list, and has been a Certified Great Place to Work for the past four years in a row. We got here because of our amazingly talented employees and their commitment to our mission of making a compelling difference in the lives of our residents! Are you looking for an environment where everyone cares as much as you do and is as dedicated as you are? This is what sets WEL apart!
We invite you to visit: www.WELcareers.org to learn more about our 130+ year young organization, our enhanced living philosophy, and our award winning team of employees. We welcome your application and look forward to learning more about your goals and why you would like to work at WEL.
Over 90% of Wesley Enhanced Living residents have received the COVID-19 vaccination. For the safety and protection of our residents, employees, and visitors our organization requires that all staff members receive the COVID-19 vaccine.
Wesley Enhanced Living (WEL) is a non-profit organization with six senior living communities in the Greater Philadelphia area. Our employees provide excellence in service, innovation to meet ever changing needs, and teamwork to make a compelling difference in the lives of our residents. A sense of community has developed from a mutual respect for each other. Our employees are encouraged to share their voice and ideas, so we may enhance our strengths and identify opportunities for continued improvement. Here, you will be able to help shape the future of our organization by cultivating and enhancing our award-winning culture. These are not just words on a page, they represent who we are and what we believe; and we have the recognition to prove it. Together, we can make a difference!
At WEL, we are committed to taking care of our employees by providing a positive work environment and a comprehensive benefits package that includes a competitive rate of pay along with a full suite of benefits to support your health, financial well-being, work/life balance, as well as your professional development.
Apply today and imagine the possibilities!
An Equal Opportunity Employer | A Mandatory COVID-19 and Influenza Vaccine Employer
The Chef Manager is primarily responsible for all kitchen staff performance including the daily supervision and retention of cooks and utility workers. The Chef Manager is committed to preparing and serving the highest quality food under safe and sanitary conditions. The Chef Manager’s goal is to run an efficient, clean kitchen that produces food that enhances our residents’ dining experience.
Chef Manager essential duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Interviews, hires, and trains all kitchen and utility staff.
- Develops and maintains staff schedules and work assignments.
- Develops programs to provide cross training, enhance professional skills, and provide staff development opportunities.
- Completes employee appraisals and developmental action plans for all kitchen staff.
- Maintains and corrects job performance of employees through effective discipline.
- Complies with and enforces all sanitation policies and is directly accountable for survey results.
- Holds regular in-services for employee training in use of new equipment, methods, and food products.
- Implements and trains HACCP procedures.
- Oversees and purchases food and supplies for the kitchens and ensures cost control measures are in place and met.
- Establishes production levels and inventory controls.
- Responsible for maintenance and kitchen cleanliness.
- Establishes recipes, menus and guidelines for Cooks.
- Works with the Community Dietician to ensure residents special diets are available as prescribed by the Dietician in order to assure good resident health.
- Tastes, smells, and observes food to ensure conformance with recipes and appearance standards. Measures satisfaction levels among residents by walk-thru and conversations with residents on meal satisfaction.
- Ensure compliance with state local and regulatory agencies as it relates to Food Service
Related Experience: Minimum 5 years experience cooking experience required. 1-2 years of experience as a Chef in a restaurant setting. Previous Health Care Food Service experience preferred
Education or Degree Requirements: High School Graduate or Equivalent. Graduation from an accredited secondary (voc tech) culinary program, or post secondary training or graduation from a culinary training program
Licenses, Certifications, Registrations: ServSafe Certification