Business Development Proposal Engineer
Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future.
At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
In this position, you will be the expert in delivering competitive bids, estimates and quotes to customers for IAPI Solutions projects in Process Automation Process Industries in Warminster, Pennsylvania.
Reporting to the Consulting Proposal Engineer, your attention to detail and ability to negotiate with multiple partners will be vital to this key component of project planning.
- Design automation solutions, comprised of any combination of the following components; software, hardware, panel fabrication, programming and installation. These designs would ideally be “productized” and sold to multiple customers by the ABB Sales staff.
- Organize and lead proposal efforts as directed by Lead Proposal Engineer.
- Review and respond to RFQs, (Requests for Quote) by collecting necessary customer documents, specifications and drawings.
- In collaboration with the Lead Proposal Engineer, review RFQ requirements and document any questions or need for other documents, drawings or specifications. Contact customer with a Request for Information, (RFI) if necessary.
- Once all specifications and RFIs have been received develop the initial ABB proposal, with prices comments, deviations and exceptions.
- Responsible for accurate pricing by creating a full cost model that reflects the various parts of the proposed solution such as hardware, software, engineering labor and other internal costs.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Information Technology or other technical curriculum and 5 years of experience required. Military or experience in marine, aircraft, control systems, or automation engineering can be considered as equivalent.
- North American travel may be required in certain circumstances, < 15%.
- Should have demonstrated ability in one or more of the following areas: PLC automation and integration, AutoCAD, AutoCAD Electrical, SCADA, HMI screen development, Drives (VFD) integration, DCS systems, ABB 800xA or competitor, Electrical Construction / Electrician / Electrical Panel Design 7 Fabrication and Industrial Network equipment and protocols.
- Should have demonstrated experience in one or more of the following industries:
- Data Centers: Power Infrastructure, Cooling, Communications Connections, Virtualization and Security.
- Food & Beverage: Manufacturing Processes, Information Systems and Food Safety.
- Metals: Manufacturing Processes and Automation, Control and Information systems.
- Cement: Cement Manufacturing Processes and Automation, Control and Information systems.
- Candidates must already have a work authorization that would permit them to work for ABB in the US.
- Life insurance
- Retirement plan
- Disability insurance
- Medical insurance
- Wellbeing program
More about us
Process Industries division delivers complete electrification and automation solutions, industry-specific products and lifecycle services across industries. Engineering and delivering automation solutions from device to monitoring and control make our customers get more out of their investment; digitalization solutions including collaborative operations and augmented reality help improve plant and enterprise productivity, reduce maintenance and energy costs. Our engineering, project management, services and solutions portfolio covers a wide range of industries - Mining, Pulp & Paper, Metals, Aluminum and Cement, Data centers and Food and Beverage
We look forward to receiving your application. If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website www.abb.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action at ABB
ABB is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizen status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, family medical leave status, or protected veterans status. For more information regarding your (EEO) rights as an applicant, please visit the following websites:
As an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, applicants may request to review the Affirmative Action Plan of a particular ABB facility between the hours of 9:00 A.M. - 5:00 P.M. EST Monday through Friday by contacting an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762.
Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access ABB's career site as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762 or by sending an email to [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]. Resumes and applications will not be accepted in this manner.