- Must be available to attend remote paid training for a 2-week period:
- Mon-Fri August 1-5 11a-7p eastern time
- Mon-Fri August 8-12 11a-7p eastern time
- And Sunday August 14 10a-2p eastern time
- High School Diploma or GED required. Associate's Degree preferred.
- 1-2 years of healthcare experience desired.
- 1+ years of customer service experience. This includes Call Center / Medical Office / Clinic, front desk or first point of contact in a customer service environment.
- Excellent listening and comprehension skills to determine key information by patient
- Bilingual Patient Coordinators must be able to converse in Spanish and document in English simultaneously.
- Ability to type a minimum of 25 wpm
- Ability to defuse conversations and escalate if necessary
- Professional, courteous telephone voice
- Dependable, reliable and trustworthy
- Excellent organizational and computer skills
- Ability to handle confidential information; HIPAA experience is a plus.
- Detail Oriented - Accurately process and record information ensuring data integrity
- Ability to follow scripted information while interacting with patients and a willingness to escalate situations as appropriate
- Flexibility with scheduling
- Must be able to pass a successful background check, drug screen, and reference check*(references are verified)
Physical and Environmental Demands
- Job performed in a well-lit, modern office setting
- Occasional lifting (20 pounds or less)
- Visual and Auditory acuity
- Manual and finger dexterity
- Occasional stress
- Occasional pushing, pulling, carrying, lifting, bending, and reaching
- Frequent work on a PC/Computer
- Prolonged telephone work and prolonged sitting
Work Station Requirements for Working from Home
- A reliable high speed internet connection is required for this position.
- Please select a cable internet provider. Examples include Xfinity/Comcast, AT&T, Spectrum.
- Satellite internet and cellular hotspots are not sufficient to adequately connect to our servers.
- You must hardwire your internet from your modem or Ethernet jack to your work computer.
- WiFi is not acceptable and disrupts the connection to our servers.
- The minimum bandwidth speeds must be fast enough for 23 megabits download and 10 megabits upload.
- Please verify this information with your internet provider.
- Please note these requirements do not include other demands on your internet (e.g. another household member working from home, streaming videos, streaming music, online gaming).
- It is your responsibility to either limit activities like the ones mentioned above or work with your internet provider to increase your bandwidth so you can work without issues.
- A reliable telephone line is required for this position, at the employee's expense.
- Your phone line must be directly connected from your work station to your phone jack or modem (depending on your phone line setup).
- Prior to the beginning of orientation, request and confirm with your phone carrier that the following services are disconnected. Please be aware that the disconnection of these services can take up to 24 hours.
- Call waiting
- Call forwarding
- Allow enough space to provide room for 2 (two) 27" computer monitors, a computer, a keyboard, a mouse, and a dial pad/phone, which is company provided.
- Arrange your work station where you can hardwire to your internet and phone line.
- Your work station must be located in a room where there is a door with a lock.
- HIPAA compliant and protects PHI
- Prevents disruptions during work hours