Bench Scientist – Genetics Research needed for a contract opportunity with Yoh Scientific’s client located in Collegeville, PA.
This position is in the Novel Human Genetics department of a leading global pharmaceutical company, and requires a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree, experience in sterile cell culture, and experience in cell-based assays.
- Culture primary human cells and cell lines to support assay development.
- Run 3D cell systems and organ-on-a-chip models containing cell lines or primary human cells.
- Capture cell imaging using advanced microscopy techniques complemented by classic molecular techniques e.g. ELISA, Western, PCR, RT-PCR to characterize cell phenotype.
- Conduct experiments to investigate the biological effects of novel target genes.
- Use standard software e.g. Excel, PowerPoint, Word, GraphPad Prism, to analyze experimental data and concisely present results
- Maintain accurate and detailed laboratory notebooks according to company guidelines.
- BS or MS in Biological Sciences required with laboratory experience in molecular biology and cell biology.
- Candidate is expected to have experience in sterile mammalian cell culture and gene knockdown and overexpression techniques.
- Experience in cell-based assays (e.g. immune-sandwich, reporter gene etc.) and/or quantitative biochemical assays.
- Ability to execute experiment independently and work collaboratively with colleagues.
- Candidate must be able to do independent literature research, analyze, summarize and interpret experimental data and maintain records according to company policy.
- Candidate must have the ability to cooperate with others both to accomplish scientific goals and to perform general maintenance duties.
Opportunity is Calling, Apply Now!
Recruiter: Mary Nestojko, [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]
What’s In It For You?
We welcome you to be a part of one of the largest global staffing companies to meet your career aspirations. Yoh’s network of client companies has been employing professionals like you for over 65 years in the U.S., UK and Canada. Join Yoh’s extensive talent community that will provide you with access to Yoh’s vast network of opportunities and gain access to this exclusive opportunity available to you.
- Medical, Dental & Vision Benefits
- 401K Retirement Saving Plan
- Life & Disability Insurance
- Direct Deposit & weekly ePayroll
- Employee Discount Programs
- Referral Bonus Programs
Yoh makes finding and applying for jobs simple. Partner with Yoh to find the right opportunities across multiple industries in the US and UK. Find out more here!