Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
You have high standards. So do we. Here at UnitedHealth Group, this includes offering an innovative new standard for care management. It goes beyond counseling services and verified referrals to programs integrated across the entire continuum of care. That means you'll have an opportunity to make an impact on a huge scale - as part of an incredible team culture that's defining the future of behavioral health care.
The goal of the Dedicated Care Advocate role is to help individuals live their lives to the fullest by promoting recovery and resiliency via coordination and collaboration with multiple internal and external partners including consumers and their families/caregivers, medical, behavioral health and clinical network teams. This Dedicated Care Advocates work with complex and high-risk needs with a goal of engaging the consumer in the treatment process, decreasing their reliance on higher levels of care, helping them to access appropriate community services, and assisting them in improving community tenure.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Oversee facility-based admissions for psychiatric and chemical dependency patients
- Make patient assessments and determine appropriate levels of care
- Administer benefits, review treatment plans, and coordinate transitions between various areas of care
- Obtain information from providers on outpatient requests for treatment
- Utilize advanced clinical skills to engage and motivate Consumers via a recovery, health and wellness-oriented approach
- Assist consumers and their families/caregivers with connections to appropriate psychiatric, medical, and psychosocial referrals and services
- Discharge planning and case management of higher-risk transitioning members
- Identify and remove barriers to procurement, delivery, participation in and success of services
- Provide supportive follow-up, monitoring and education as indicated telephonically
- Partner with designated external providers, programs, entities to address the needs, gaps in care, and recovery goals of complex and high-risk consumers
- Identify and address the needs of members who are consistently high utilizers of services through case conferences and informal communications
- Accept referrals via designated processes, collaborate in evaluating available services, and coordinate necessary psychiatric and community referrals, as needed
- Contribute to treatment plan discussions; routinely attend clinical rounds and other meetings with medical partner or external entities, when applicable
- Assist in the development of a relevant and consumer-specific aftercare plan
- Comply with all policies, procedures and documentation standards in appropriate systems, tracking mechanisms and databases
You'll find the pace fast and the challenges ongoing. We'll expect you to achieve and document measurable results. You'll also need to think and act quickly while working with a diverse member population.
- Master's degree in Psychology, Social Work, Counseling or Marriage or Family Counseling; OR Licensed Ph.D.; OR Registered Nurse
- Current, unrestricted license to practice in the state of residence
- 2+ years of experience in behavioral health
- Computer / typing proficiency to enter / retrieve data in electronic clinical records; experience with email, internet research, use of online calendars and other software applications
- Designated workspace and access to install secure high-speed internet via cable/DSL in home
- Inpatient experience
- Dual diagnosis experience with mental health and substance abuse
- Experience working in an environment that required coordinating benefits and utilizing multiple groups and resources for patients
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite programs (Word, Outlook, Internet)
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies now require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles require full COVID-19 vaccination as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $53,300 to $95,100. The salary range for Connecticut/Nevada residents is $58,800 to $104,600. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Behavioral Care Advocate, Telecommute, Telecommuter, Telecommuting, Work at Home, Work from Home, Remote