Becoming a McLane teammate is to become part of an honest, stable, and reliable company with 125 years of success. We are looking for teammates with perseverance who will take the extra step for our customers, our community, and our company. In return, we will pay you well and offer you the opportunity to go as far in your career as you want to go.
- Direct and motivate Teammates.
- Coordinate the investigation of accidents or unsafe conditions through the company safety department.
- Be responsible for compliance and knowledge with Federal Department of Transportation regulations and other safety standards. Maintain fleet in a safe manner in accordance with company and governmental standards.
- Ensure that routing parameters offer cost-effective solutions that will drive profitability.
- Manage and benchmark transportation aspects of profit and loss statement.
- Oversee all department re-bids and re-routes.
- Maintain effective and timely scheduling of Transportation Teammates and Management Staff.
- Facilitate communication within the management team and between the Teammates and management.
- Conduct scheduled performance reviews for all Management staff. Submit recommendations for salary adjustments.
- Provide training as needed to maintain an efficient and knowledgeable workforce.
- Enforce general company policies and issuance of coaching/disciplinary documentation to teammates. All final written warnings and terminations will be presented and administered by this position with the approval of the General Manager and/or the Human Resources Manager.
- Establish/provide departmental coverage and leadership and maintain the highest level of managerial professionalism at all times.
- Assist Warehouse leadership with resolution of issues between warehousing and distribution.
- Provide additional assistance with projects and other activities as assigned.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field is preferred.
- 3 – 5 years of experience in all facets of outbound transportation, preferably in food service industry.
- Understand mainframe computer software relating to record keeping. Preferred experience on AS 400 Mainframe, Excel, Microsoft Word, and Access programs; PeopleNet, Appian, TMW or similar programs.
- Be able to manage large numbers of staff with experience in hiring, training, motivating Teammates, and resolving employee relations issues.
- Be able to write reports, business correspondence, procedure manuals, and inter-company memos/outside correspondence.
- Minimum of 2 years of accounting, planning, and analytical and/or reporting experience.
- Be able to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, and technical procedures.
- Be able to understand financial statements and resulting cost implications. Possess ability to identify financial issues and provide cost effective solutions to such issues.
- Be able to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, customers, vendors, and teammates.
- Strong analytical and communication skills with proven ability to work within the framework of the Team.
- Knowledge of distribution systems to include order routing.
- Understanding of dispatch issues and procedures.
- Must be able to ascend and descend from a truck and truck ramp during route rides.
The environment encompasses all areas of a Distribution Center. This position may require work in hot and cold temperature extremes and exposure to dust, dirt, fumes, noise, potentially harmful chemicals, solvents and components, and working in close proximity to other teammates.
Candidates may be subject to a background check and drug screen, in accordance with applicable laws.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.