Associate Principal Scientist, Quantitative Pharmacology and Pharmacometrics (R4)
The Quantitative Pharmacology and Pharmacometrics (QP2) department of our Research & Development Division in West Point, PA / Rahway, NJ is seeking a curious and collaborative Associate Principal Scientist.
As an Associate Principal Scientist, you will participate on cross-functional teams of knowledge scientists to discover and advance the clinical development of novel therapeutic agents for cardiometabolic, ophthalmic, immunologic disorders, infectious diseases, vaccines or neurodegenerative diseases. More specifically, you will apply your quantitative skills with minimal supervision to develop and implement translational PK/PD strategies, characterize clinical population pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics of biologics, small molecules and non-traditional therapeutics like peptides, novel biological constructs and others, perform clinical trial simulations, comparator modeling and other model-based analyses to inform dose selection and schedule, clinical trial design and go/no-go decisions. You will apply your expertise to frame critical drug development questions to optimize drug development using model-based approaches and influence cross-functional teams to adopt such strategies. Finally, you maintain a comprehensive background of global regulatory expectations and contribute to regulatory documents and interactions with agencies.
The Associate Principal Scientist is a skilled modeler and a quantitative drug developer, with a strong, integrated appreciation of the strategic elements of drug discovery and development. The ideal candidate possesses a learning mindset and can work through scientific opportunities within and between departments to develop aligned strategies and solutions. In addition, you allocate your skills and ideas with junior scientists and with the broader department to advance our science. Excellent communication skills are preferred including the ability to clearly present scientific data in group settings.
Within QP2, you have a unique opportunity to accelerate your professional career as a quantitative drug developer taking advantage of our end-to-end pipeline promoting one of the world's most research-intensive biopharmaceutical companies.
• Ph.D. or equivalent degree with at least 3 years of industry knowledge - OR- PharmD or equivalent degree with at least 5 years of industry knowledge - OR- MS or equivalent degree with at least 7 years of industry knowledge, where "knowledge" means having a record of increasing job and industry knowledge and self-directing in a similar role in pharmaceutical drug development or academia
• An educational background in PK/PD, pharmaceutical sciences, pharmacometrics, mathematics, statistics/ biostatistics, computational biology/chemistry, or chemical/biomedical engineering.
• Performing population PK / PKPD studies using standard pharmacometrics software (e.g. NONMEM, Monolix, Phoenix, R, MATLAB)
• Proficiency in written and verbal communication and interdisciplinary partnership
• An exemplary record of increasing relevant job skills, self-directing, and demonstrated impact in driving drug development decisions through application of model-based approaches
• Skills in experimental design, mathematical problem solving, critical data analysis /interpretation, and statistics
• Scientific comprehension of ADME and biopharmaceutic properties of biologics, small molecules, or non-traditional therapeutics
• Demonstrated ability to participate in and to guide an interdisciplinary team
**Requisition ID:** P-100420