UnitedHealthcare is a company that's on the rise. We're expanding in multiple directions, across borders and, most of all, in the way we think. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about transforming the health care industry. Ready to make a difference? Make yourself at home with us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
In providing consumer-oriented health benefit plans to millions of people our goal is to create higher quality care, lower costs and greater access to health care. As a legal professional working for UnitedHealth Group, individuals are empowered to achieve new levels of excellence and make a profound and personal impact to new innovations in a vital and complex system.
This position provides legal advice and counsel to the business operations of UnitedHealthcare, including specifically Payment Integrity.
Position requires ability to analyze and provide counsel on complex legal and operational issues and/or processes across a variety of topics, including, but not limited to: fraud, waste and abuse, special investigations, governmental subpoenas, payment strategy and policy development, affordability initiatives, and other core operations areas.
Position requires ability to advise on the implementation of federal and/or state legal/regulatory requirements impacting the health care industry and the operational complexities resulting from those requirements; advising on risk management, consumer/customer inquiries, and/or service issues; and evaluating appropriate legal course of action to meet various business objectives.
Position requires ability to determine when guidance from senior counsel in areas outside technical knowledge or skill set is needed, and an ability to build and maintain rapport with superiors, peers, subordinates, and other internal and external company contacts.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Provide legal advice to UnitedHealthcare Payment Integrity and Special Investigations Unit regarding fraud, waste and abuse and related issues
- Advise on the implementation of federal and/or state legal/regulatory requirements impacting the health care industry (particularly in the topics specified above), and the operational complexities resulting from those requirements
- Advise on risk management, consumer/customer inquiries, and/or service issues
- Evaluate appropriate legal course of action to meet business objectives and advise senior legal and business leaders
- Be a strategic partner and help the business achieve its goals
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Juris Doctorate degree
- 5+ years of professional legal experience practicing litigation or health care law in a law firm, government or corporate environment
- Knowledge of state and federal health care, insurance and related laws
- Background in regulatory matters impacting the health care industry
- Demonstrated understanding of business considerations related to topics specified above
- Ability to build and maintain rapport with superiors, peers, subordinates and external company contacts
- A proven track record demonstrating the ability to independently make decisions and think strategically regarding complex legal and corporate issues
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills; and proven success in managing multiple, complex matters on a variety of topics simultaneously and in collaboration across a matrixed business and legal environment
- Full COVID19 vaccination is an essential requirement of this role. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination prior to employment to ensure compliance
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies now require all employees to disclose COVID19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles require full COVID19 vaccination as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers with UnitedHealthcare. Let's talk about opportunity. Start with a Fortune 5 organization that's serving more than 85 million people already and building the industry's singular reputation for bold ideas and impeccable execution. Now, add your energy, your passion for excellence, your nearobsession with driving change for the better. Get the picture? UnitedHealthcare is serving employers and individuals, states and communities, military families and veterans where ever they're found across the globe. We bring them the resources of an industry leader and a commitment to improve their lives that's second to none. This is no small opportunity. It's where you can do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $113,500 to $218,100. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $113,500 to $218,100. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a farreaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drugfree workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Associate General Counsel, Operations or Payment Integrity, legal, lawyer, operations, payment integrity, litigation, healthcare law, Telecommute, Telecommuting, Telecommuter, Work From Home, Work At Home, Remote