UnitedHealthcare is a company that's on the rise. We're expanding in multiple directions, across borders and, most of all, in the way we think. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about transforming the health care industry. Ready to make a difference? Make yourself at home with us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
You’ve been working your way to this opportunity for some time now. Now that you’ve learned to lead and build a deep expertise in health care network operations, it is time to set your sights on having more impact in more ways. Join our leadership team and help UnitedHealth Group meet the challenge of shaping where health care will go. As a leader within our network contracting team, you’ll help to guide the development and support of provider networks as well as unit cost management activities through financial and network pricing modeling, analysis and reporting. As you do, you’ll find that you can make a real impact while enjoying the resources, backing and opportunities that you’d expect from a Fortune 5 leader.
If you are located on the East Coast, preferably in New York state, you will have the flexibility to telecommute* as you take on some tough challenges.
- Manage unit cost budgets, target setting, performance reporting and associated financial models
- Apply network configuration and incentive-based payment models as appropriate to improve quality and efficiency
- Lead the development of new concepts, technologies and products to meet emerging customer requirements
- Direct cross-functional and/or industry-wide teams with segment-wide and/or enterprise-wide impact
- Influence senior management decisions that impact business direction
- Coordinate timely response to internal requests for information, reporting and audit functions
- Ability to manage direct staff to achieve department goals and inspire staff to development their potential
Ready for a challenge? You will need all your leadership skills and creativity as you manage and develop provider networks that achieve performance objectives. As a result, there is a high level of visibility and accountability for results.
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years of experience in a network management-related role handling complex network providers with accountability for business results
- 5+ years of experience in the health care industry
- 3+ years of physician contracting experience
- Knowledgeable of Medicare Advantage, Medicaid, and commercial lines of business, including quality components (e.g. HEDIS)
- Knowledgeable of Performance Based Contracting models
- Willing and able to travel up to 25% within the state of New York
- Leadership experience managing direct staff
- Familiarity with total cost-of-care models and high performing networks
- In-depth knowledge of Medicare Resource Based Relative Value System (RBRVS), DRGs, Ambulatory Surgery Center Groupers, etc.
Careers with UnitedHealthcare. Let's talk about opportunity. Start with a Fortune 5 organization that's serving more than 85 million people already and building the industry's singular reputation for bold ideas and impeccable execution. Now, add your energy, your passion for excellence, your near-obsession with driving change for the better. Get the picture? UnitedHealthcare is serving employers and individuals, states and communities, military families and veterans where ever they're found across the globe. We bring them the resources of an industry leader and a commitment to improve their lives that's second to none. This is no small opportunity. It's where you can do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Colorado Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $94,500 to $171,700. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Healthcare, health care, Contracting, Account Manager, Negotiation, Business Development, Manager, Consultant, Associate Director, Hospital Contracting, Telecommute, Remote, Work from Home