UnitedHealthcare is a company that's on the rise. We're expanding in multiple directions, across borders and, most of all, in the way we think. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about transforming the health care industry. Ready to make a difference? Make yourself at home with us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
The Associate Director Marketing PMO and Portfolio supports the Government Programs Marketing organization for both Run the Business and the Key Programs & Initiatives. There is a need for ongoing prioritization as well as an effective allocation and utilization of resources to ensure that the work with the highest priority is appropriately resourced. This role facilitates the identification of the resources needed across Marketing, resolves conflicts, and anticipates and plans for future demands.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Manages the overall Gov Prog Marketing PMO & Operations Intake/Governance process
- Works with key business stakeholders (e.g., Portfolio/Program/Project Managers, Marketing Directors/Managers) to oversee and prioritize business work requests and resolve business partners’ concerns
- Reports progress of the portfolio to senior management & key stakeholders with specific emphasis on business objectives delivery, efficient resource deployment, effective risk and issue management, portfolio volatility with respect to scope and quality changes, and process improvements/ escalates prioritization and resource issues
- Actively monitors, analyzes, and evaluates work/staffing actions to plan real-time, near-time, and long term actions; identifies trends and patterns using data/information that inform and refine scheduling and forecast planning
- Facilitates appropriate meetings with project leaders, marketers, and managers to maintain focus on important projects and balance of resource capacity across the portfolio. Actively works with managers to plan for or resolve staffing fluctuations due to changing project demands, skill needs, and natural staff attrition
- Implements and continuously improves the new project intake processes and governance model
- Identify and implement the appropriate solutions/systems for resourcing
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- BA/BS degree, Business, Finance, Marketing, or related field and/or equivalent education and experience
- 5+ years of experience in project, program, & portfolio resource planning, working with large data sets, and making data-driven analytical decisions
- 3+ years marketing or agency experience
- Experience presenting to executive leadership; excellent communication, presentation and influencing skills
- Advanced level of proficiency with Excel, PowerPoint, and SharePoint
- PMP or PMI certification
- 2+ years of supervisory experience
- Experience with WorkFront project management system
- Experience in the healthcare industry (Medicare preferred)
- Proficiency with MS Project, Visio, and Tableau
- Solid analytical and quantitative skills with demonstrated experience using data-driven decision making and performing operational and financial analysis
- Demonstrated business process management/ process improvement skills
- Active and engaged listener with the ability to explain concepts, opinions, and options upstream and downstream
- Self-starter with excellent time management, organizational, and prioritization skills with the ability to balance multiple competing priorities
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies now require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles require full COVID-19 vaccination as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers at UnitedHealthcare Medicare & Retirement. The Boomer generation is the fastest growing market segment in health care. And we are the largest business in the nation dedicated to serving their unique health and well-being needs. Up for the challenge of a lifetime? Join a team of the best and the brightest to find bold new ways to proactively improve the health and quality of life of these 9 million customers. You'll find a wealth of dynamic opportunities to grow and develop as we work together to heal and strengthen our health care system. Ready? It's time to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $97,300 to $176,900. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $97,300 to $176,900. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Gov Programs Marketing PMO, Associate Director Marketing PMO and Portfolio Management, UHC M&R IS, Telecommute, Telecommuting, Telecommuter, Work From Home, Work At Home, Remote