The Assistant Project Manager position is a training position to gain the knowledge, skill, ability, and interest of becoming a Driveline Project Manager. This position provides the training and practical experience, over a period of up to six months, that is necessary before moving into the Project Manager role.
The Assistant Project Manager will be responsible for conducting and assisting the Project Manager with leading large-scale resets and projects, store merchandising and arrangement services, and new store sets. This position will also be responsible for assisting with managing and leading hourly labor when assigned to do so. The Assistant Project Manager is responsible for reporting the completion of assignments, and ensuring resets are done accurately, completely, and on time.
- Coordinate assigned field activities with the Project Manager and/or Field Operations Manager
- Track time worked for hourly employees and temporary laborers and record all hours worked directly into the Driveline online reporting system
- Speak with all hourly employees and temporary laborers at the beginning and end of each workday
- Assist the Project Manager with ensuring all store activities are accurately completed, work orders are submitted, and timesheets with photos are properly uploaded to the Driveline online reporting system at the end of each day's activities
- Work directly with the Project Manager, Field Operations Manager, or Field Operations Trainer to learn the standard operating procedures for successfully managing both small and large project teams
- Maintain a clear line of communication with the assigned Project Manager and Field Operations Manager
- Build, maintain, and promote strong working relationships with Driveline management, hourly personnel, and Driveline Clients
- Keep a positive and professional attitude at all times when communicating with internal and external clients, employees, and store personnel
- Complete other Deployment or Merchandising work, over and beyond exact assigned accounts, during weeks without specific assigned Deployment responsibilities
- Submit weekly work detail recaps to the Field Operations Manager and Vice President of Operations
- Report any behaviors that appear to warrant disciplinary action to the attention of the Project Manager and/or Field Operations Manager, who will work with Human Resources to determine the best course of action
- Regularly refer to and utilize the online Forms Depot for key policies and procedures
- Other duties as assigned