++This is a contract position ++
The MarTech Team manages the roadmap, vision, and usage of our MarTech tools and capabilities. We partner with the MarTech Product Owners and Technology to ensure the development of our tools supports Business needs and aligns to our overall roadmap for the MarTech stack. The MarTech team also owns execution within these tools in support of both Acquisition and Existing Customer marketing campaigns.
Overall purpose of role
Lead the design effort for all customer facing websites on Adobe Experience Manager (AEM) platform
• Understand general design principle and best practices, understand how to design within a framework, ability to creatively design within the boundaries, but also be proactive in pushing the boundaries
• Collect and analyse business requirements for design
• Design webpages that are housed and built on AEM. This could be tweaks of existing design, designing a new page using existing template, modifying existing template based on design needs, or a completely new design and a new template
• Ability to research and compile findings of competitor’s websites and make recommendations to optimize design and customer experience
• Collaborate with a wide range of stakeholders from marketers to developers
• Guide design agencies and other designers, and coordinate design work if needs arise
• Document design guidelines, best practices, manual and processes as needed
Stakeholder Management and Leadership
The AEM Designer has a wide range of stakeholders. He/she will interact with marketing, product owners, technology team, compliance, legal and other teams.
Decision-making and Problem Solving
The AEM designer needs to be able to be creative within the templates, but also suggest scalable changes to the templates where such changes are called for. He/she will need to consistently balance what is available within the existing functionality of AEM, and any customization needs from the business. He/she needs to be an expert in design, analysing critical business needs and collaborate with stakeholders to reach consensus.
Risk and Control Objective [This section is mandatory for all role profiles and must not be deleted]
Ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Barclays Policies and Policy Standards.
Personal attributes essential to performing role including competencies, expertise, knowledge, and experience. Note: experience requirements must not be in the form of years (minimum or otherwise).
Essential Skills/Basic Qualifications:
• Four-year college in related field, five + years web design experience
• Experience in designing in templates and using same templates to creatively feature different brands
• Ability to create scalable designs
• Proficient with InVision, and Sketch
Desirable skills/Preferred Qualifications:
• Experience designing AEM Pages
• Proficient in HTML
• Strong BA/project management skills
• Extremely detailed, organized and self-sufficient