The Administrative Assistant is responsible for providing administrative and clerical support for the Nurse Supervisor, Inpatient Services; Nurse Supervisor, Critical Care Services; and Director, Surgical Services. Assists with staffing, scheduling, maintenance of competencies and certifications for staff members in the departments; assists with Meeting Management and maintenance of minutes for hospital committees as assigne d. Processes payroll for nursing departments. Performs other clerical duties as assigned.
- Receives and screens telephone calls in a prompt, courteous and efficient manner.
- Orders paper and office supplies, completes requisitions for other supplies as needed. Maintains requisitions and purchase orders in log book. Monitors computer equipment, printers and other office equipment in order to maintain good working condition. Communicates service/repair needs in order ensure minimal interruption of department work flow.
- Develops blank four week schedule templates, assists with schedules, and delivers final staffing sheets to supervisor.
- Utilizes initiatives, self-motivated, strives to maintain steady level of productivity, Make decisions reflecting knowledge of facts and good judgment within the scheduler’s scope of service.
- Maintains staff attendance records. Informs Director supervisors of violations of HR policies regarding attendance/lateness. Monitors staff vacations, time off, extended illness, holiday schedules in an organized method.
- Completes payroll in a timely manner. Maintains and organizes payroll log, edit sheets and variances in payroll system to properly process payroll bi-weekly.
- Types memos and other necessary department correspondence. Assists the nurse supervisors and Director of Surgical Services with meeting minutes, ordering of supplies, maintenance of files, and other assigned tasks.
- Computes and reports weekly/monthly information to nurse supervisors and other departments related to inpatient nursing census. Attends Admission Review meeting to provide continual monitoring of scheduled admissions.
- Participates in nursing events when requested, providing supportive services to staff and director.
- Monitors and schedules staff for mandatory in-services CPR, PALS, conferences and seminars. Processes registrations and employee reimbursements for payment.
- Interacts professionally with other departments to ensure an excellent level of patient care in the unit within SHC-Phila.
- Completes and maintains nursing department check requests for vendor invoices.